JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra no longer syncing Gallery

(Topic created: a week ago)
FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
2 days ago it stopped syncing Gallery with Onedrive. When I manually go into settings to have it sync, it keeps telling me it can't while connected to a mobile Hotspot. I am not connected to a Hotspot. I'm on my home wifi only. I rebooted phone, connected to home wifi, went to do the sync, and it still insists that I'm connected to mobile Hotspot and won't sync. ? 

8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@FaLaLaLa Have you tried setting the "Sync using" to Wi-Fi or mobile data? 

FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It's been set to "sync using: wifi only" for a long time, unchanged
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21

@FaLaLaLa Have you tried changing it?

0 Likes
FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I just changed it to wifi OR mobile data... it still thinks I'm connected to a Hotspot and won't sync
0 Likes
FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I also just checked my Samsung tablet which runs on wifi only and it says same thing when I try and sync... it thinks I'm on a mobile Hotspot and won't sync
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21

@FaLaLaLa It sounds like your home wifi might have a setting changed which indicates it is a hotspot. 

What does your home wifi connect to for internet access? Does it connect to a wireless network, or fiber, DSL, etc?

FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yep, that was it! With the Hotspot thing turned off and off the network, I can now manually sync Gallery with onedrive. Thanks again 🙂
Solution
FaLaLaLa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok, it took some digging around our wifi settings, but yes, it was set as a Hotspot. I shut it off but it's going to take up to 24 hrs to take effect. Here's hoping 🙏 thanks very much