JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 02:46 AM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
OK, I brought a non samsung charger, found them with Amazon 25 watt. I used it with the new cable type C both ends and had no problems. Here is a idea in settings, go to Device, battery care, hit battery, look for battery settings, hit it, make sure fast charging is off, & super fast charging is on.

When I got the phone fast charging was on & super fast was off
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the reply but the issue is with the wireless fast charging. Cable charging works fine on non Samsung chargers for me. I've tried using multiple 15w wireless chargers Nd they all do the same. Start off fast wireless charging and within seconds drop back to normal 

Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
OK, but you know it's can use a 25 watt charger

then if all else fails call Samsung for advice,or your carrier tech support
0 Likes
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've tried using 25w chargers even using a genuine Samsung one but still the same issue. Tried d using wireless chargers in the car as well and same result. Seems to be the same issue from this article

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/11/10/samsung-phones-are-having-problems-with-fast-wireless-charg...

userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Finally! I'm not alone 🙂 I have also tried multiple non-Samsung 45+ watt car chargers and my S21 Ultra starts Fast Wireless Charging and reverts back to Wireless Charging after 5 seconds. I just ordered the Samsung 45w 12v car charger to see if it does what it claims to do: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089RD7F71/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This seems like either a secret Samsung proprietary charging configuration or a software glitch.

UPDATE:
Samsung's chat now posts the following: "Fast wireless charging will only be enabled on devices that have been certified by Samsung and the Wireless Power Consortium. If you are using a non-Samsung wireless fast charger, check with the manufacturer or WPC homepage for the charger's certifications."
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/

UPDATED UPDATE:
After purchasing and testing the Samsung proprietary car charger, I see identical results as I see with non-Samsung car chargers of equal ratings, where Fast Wireless Charging turns on for 5 seconds then reverts to the slower Wireless Charging option. This seems like a software bug. I have submitted a bug report through the Samsung Members app but have yet to hear back.
Svenergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I looked the ANKER charger up and its on the list to be able to be use with S21 Ultra.  It still goes and charges fast for 2 or 3 seconds and then it says it cant charge.  

0 Likes
user7dxY4PLH5D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem here. S21 Ultra. Phone says 'fast wireless charging' for about a second then changes to 'wireless charging'. Cable chargning fine.

user7NbJImW5xz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem on my s21 ultra too. Tried a couple different wireless chargers, both work perfectly on other Samsung phones I've tried except for my ultra. Cable charging is fine tho. 

User14
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Believe battery is still learning after speaking with Samsung techinical. Figured out together. ?

Adaptively learns then it will stay. Notice it stays fast wireless charging at 95 percent and above. 

0 Likes