JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 02-20-2021 03:47 PM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
Nandakisore98
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
yes, I bought from Amazon
0 Likes
Nandakisore98
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
how do I know which chargers are certified by samsung ?
0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

On Amazon there is a official Samsung shop, chargers from there are indeed Samsung certified. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergpQjl7yXpb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my new Galaxy S20 FE 5G, but the problem showed up when I updated the phone to One UI 3.1, before that my third party fast wireless charger worked fine. This is utterly unfair, I bought the charger after making sure it was compatible with the fast wireless charging of my phone.

So is it confirmed that the feature has been disabled purposely by Samsung?

How can I report the issue  and complain about it? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

you can report the issue on samsung members.
include the model and any detail info on wireless charger.

0 Likes
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This issue has been ongoing since the update on the s20 as well and Samsung dont seem to acknolodge it.  They appear to be heading down the Apple path and want you to buy Samsung chargers.  

0 Likes
userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought a Samsung charger and it still will not Fast Charge wirelessly. So now what? Did they straight up disable a feature?
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userWZMB1vikvd 

My phone fasts charges with a Samsung charger.  What are you using to determine if it is fast charging?  Thelock screen will show fast charging for a few seconds and then show a different message that just says Charging.  The Battery option in Settings will show the status as fast charging though.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for your message. I just went outside and tested a Samsung and non-Samsung car charger with the battery settings page open. Fast Wireless Charging displays for 5 seconds, then changes to Charging. At 64% battery, the time remaining to full charge also changes from 1 hour 9 minutes during Fast Wireless Charging to 1 hour 46 minutes for Charging. This happens for both Samsung branded and non-Samsung car chargers. This is a car charging scenario from a car charging adapter plug into a Qi-certified wireless charging car dock via a certified USB-C cable. Use of this same identical dock has worked for others prior to February 1st yet does not appear to work with the current Samsung software update for S21 Ultra and likely other Samsung phone model families like the S20.
coolkatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I just found out I was having this issue. I contacted Samsung and they said they had no record of this being a problem. They said they will take the issue down and it should be resolved in the next update.

0 Likes