JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 ultra has a green screen when trying to use portrait mode

(Topic created: 12-18-2021 08:19 PM)
duderina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ever since my phone went through the latest update, when I try to take portrait photos, I get a green screen. Anyone else? Any tips on fixing this?

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

And if none of this works, before you Factory reset, Open the camera and get that green Screen and then go into Samsung Members app, click on Get Help and put in an error report.   

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userj7WsgvzJ88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

this worked for me except I did "wipe cache partition" because I didn't see a "wipe system partition" and I didn't see an option to uninstall the camera, but as of now the green screen has stopped (i have a samsung galaxy 21 ultra), the only annoying thing is I had to reset my themes and lock/home screens but no big deal

0 Likes
user0riTrXsruX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I statrted having the exact same issue with the green screen in portrait mode. Doubt that both of our phones broke at the same time with the same issue. Something is up.

*I just stopped the app again and cleared cache and it seemed to have fixed it. When I did the same thing yesterday it didn't so not sure what changed this time.

userAFnlZbPqiM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

1 week after i updated to One UI 4.0/Android 12, i started getting this issue in Portrait mode. I cleared cache and data and it started working again

MrPhotoMoto
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have this as well!! Just happened tonight. I placed portrait mode in my quick bar on camera and went to try it out and this happened. Screenshot_20211218-231156_Camera_176_1639887116.jpg
0 Likes
MrPhotoMoto
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
And I can also say this is a BRAND NEW phone i just bought. No damage, never been dropped. Only in portrait mode.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try the troubleshooting suggestions in this thread.

Again, this is not going to get fixed by posting it here.  Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userLYF6ctmh8I
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I cleared the cache partition and so far it seems to be working. Before that just clearing cache and data on the camera app would work for a little but then go back to the green scree. 

0 Likes
userLYF6ctmh8I
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Update, that only worked for a little and now it's back to not working. Quite frustrating
0 Likes
Angel815
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Galaxy S21+ (T-Mobile)
One UI 4 (Android 12)
Build # BUKF (November patch)

Portrait mode no longer works. It just shows a green screen, and I know it's not the camera lenses because in normal Photo Mode I can switch between the ultra-wide, wide (12mp), and zoom (64mp) cameras and they all work perfectly fine.

Overall the camera app is very slow and lags when I open it. Also, when the camera is open for just a few minutes the phone gets very warm.

0 Likes