JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2 Message Apps, how can I remove one?

(Topic created: 02-21-2022 01:18 PM)
S3RG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I just got the S22 Ultra and transferred all my previous stuff over. Am I suppose to have double messages apps? Both of them don't give me the option to uninstall. Click the wrong one got to get the make this the default app to use message. I want to remove one.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
Carlex314
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Do you get the option to uninstall Google messages?

userYpw5rmvvle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

if you are facing problem with google messaging app then try to download the latest version so you will be never face any problem.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

I wouldn't recommend downloading anything from an unknown link from a one time poster. That is how people end up with malware and worse. 

usermanLOoFoAQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

How was this resolved?

I have the same issue

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

When I got my S22 Ultra, I only copied over my Contacts, and my Text Messages, I then went into what I thought was "The" messages app, only to see 0 text messages.  I was about to freak out, until I realized that there were two.  I launched the "other" one, and saw all of my texts.  I then long pressed on the first one, and selected disable.  I have had no problems since.  Looks like Smart Switch will only move your messages into Samsung Messages, not Google, or Android Messages (not sure what the official name is for the Non-Samsung one, and have seen it both ways in these forums.).  The one I Kept was the one with the 3 dots, not the 3 bars, FYI.

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@usermzeJaY3BsM The one with 3 dots is Samsung Messages. 

The one with 3 lines is Google Messages.