JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adjusting Camera Zoom

(Topic created: 09-20-2023 11:25 AM)
ERW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It used to be possible to adjust the camera zoom continuously. Now there are only two settings: 1X and 3X is there some way to restore the continual zoom?

Thanks 
15 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
When you pinch the screen when you're on the camera app, does the zoom function as you're describing?
ERW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I had not tried pinching the screen before you asked, but I tried it and the zoom is still using just those two fixed zoom settings
ERW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know exactly when it changed but it has been at least for a week
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe after a system update? Try these steps. With the phone powered off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the previous menu, navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps. If that doesn't work, kindly go to Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. This will essentially reset the camera and you will lose all settings.
ERW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you very much. That solved the problem. I really appreciate your help.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
No worries! 🙂 Glad I could be of assistance and get this fixed for you! Make sure to mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) so that this information can remain active in the Community to benefit other individuals having these kinds of issues with their camera as well!
Options
Galaxy S22
It's definitely there.... 100x zoom. From 0.6x-100x and everything between, it's just restyled. The 0.6, 1 and 3x are supposed to be quick zooms like the most often used so they made them easy buttons for us but the rest of the zoom appears beneath the buttons when you hit let's say 3x, under that you will see 10x, 20x, etc or you can just pinch to zoom. Samsung would absolutely never remove something like the amount of zoom on one of their flagships. The 100x space zoom was a main selling point for this phone, plus there would be legal repercussions if they did lock us to something less than the 100x it was advertised having, hence "false advertising".
0 Likes
ERW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is definitely an S22 ultra.
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok so If you 100% have an S22 Ultra, any variant of it the international or US version will have adjustable zoom from 0.6 wide angle to 100 times digital space zoom
0 Likes