JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lines appear on screen issue with US S22 Ultra version?

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 08:09 AM)
CasualGreg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Alright I finally got a good picture of this happening. See the very faint horizontal lines?

This only appears under certain conditions-

Only when I touch the screen and only after I lock/unlock the phone for the first time after a reboot. (It's fine before that first lock/unlock)

20220224_105738 (1).jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I would say it's a hardware issue and a software update would not fix. Contact who you bought the phone off of and u should get a free screen replacement if u didn't drop or throw ur phone
0 Likes
Shrekopher
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Seeing even more weird stuff now.

1st pic
When charging the always on screen glows green. This shows up now even if the adaptive refresh rate is off.

2nd and 3rd

Show the bright line across the screen. It only shows up when the screen is still and adaptive refresh rate is on.

20220514_222440_32680_1652585257.jpg20220514_222612_32679_1652585256.jpg20220514_222453_32678_1652585254.jpg
dayzbay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Tonight my S22 Ultra grew a vertical green line on the right side of the display. Rebooted, ran the available updates, and then the diagnostics;has not been dropped or wet or mishandled through charging. Sent a report. I noticed some safe mode suggestions, but nervous within the 30 day window. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem? Only on week 2 of ownership. I expect some first release issues, but it's still annoying. The line does not show up on the screen shot, but for proximity purposes it's touching the left side of the 8 button on the MicrosoftSwift QWERY keyboard. 

0 Likes
useru2hfh0j61b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 Ultra did the same thing. A Samsung Tech Support helped me.

Go to Settings

Go to Display.

Scroll down to Edge Panels.

Disable it (no blue by white circle).

This was my issue. Hope this helps.

John

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S22

I am very sorry to hear of that line on the screen. I can understand the frustration and annoyance with it!

I have two articles that address issues that could be the cause and may help.

1. Pink lines or dead pixels on Galaxy phone or tablet's display This article contains steps for correcting pixel issues and includes steps such as testing the phone in Safe Mode to rule out 3rd-party app issues. 

2. Cracked or bleeding screen on Galaxy phone or tablet This article describes when there is actual damage to the screen and provides links for service options. In the U.S., you can also contact customer service at 1-800-726-7864 to create a service ticket for mail-in service. 

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html