JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock focus Camera macro on S22

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 11:15 AM)
usertivSjuxrH9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

with my s9, I was able to lock the focus on a moving subject - in macro. I loved this feature but can't find macro OR how to lock focus with my new s22 - not plus or ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

MACRO mode on the ultra is the same thing as Focus Enhancer.  Only works with 1x zoom so select that and get really close to the subject and the two dots will appear, if they're orange-ish in color then the focus enhancer/macro is on. 

This works great if you're taking a close up of a penny but usually, especially with bugs, you need some distance so as not to scare away the subject.  In that case select one of the optical zooms, like 10x, for clearest picture, though you can use a higher digital zoom which will likely be less sharp. Position yourself, hopefully using a tripod, so that you can get the composition you want and take your shot.  You should be able to get pretty good macro looking pics this way. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
robbyd93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Only the ultra had macro from what I googled.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

MACRO mode on the ultra is the same thing as Focus Enhancer.  Only works with 1x zoom so select that and get really close to the subject and the two dots will appear, if they're orange-ish in color then the focus enhancer/macro is on. 

This works great if you're taking a close up of a penny but usually, especially with bugs, you need some distance so as not to scare away the subject.  In that case select one of the optical zooms, like 10x, for clearest picture, though you can use a higher digital zoom which will likely be less sharp. Position yourself, hopefully using a tripod, so that you can get the composition you want and take your shot.  You should be able to get pretty good macro looking pics this way. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor