JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone still rings after answering

(Topic created: 04-03-2023 01:58 PM)
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
So I have noticed the last week or so . When I answer my phone or even make a call when the other person answers , you can still hear the phone ringing in the background. 

As you can tell this is horid , and it seems the other party can hear it ringing after answering . 

I am using stock samsung phone caller app. Have cleared data and cache , phone is fully up to date. I am at a loss . I even hit clear network settings . 

My mobile network is set correctly and apn info
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
What carrier do you have? I'm curious if it is just on google fi. Or if it's t mobile , att etc . If it's not google fi , than it is a sasmaung issue.
0 Likes
Members_JfBjmlp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 on Google Fi and am experiencing the same annoying issues. I've cleared cachés, restarted, installed updates, and tried to get assistance from Google Fi support and its still happening. I believe it began sometime in December.

nikhil3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Has this issue improved? I ended up porting my wife's S22+ to Mint Mobile. I'd come back to Fi if the issue has been resolved.

0 Likes
KellyDS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am currently having this problem with Samsung s23 ultra with Google Fi. So, no issue not resolved!
0 Likes
Dianahemes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Why is my Samsung phone ringing for no reason?
Your phone or tablet may make sudden notification sounds if you have unread or snoozed notifications. You may also be receiving unwanted notifications or repeating notifications, such as emergency alerts or a noisy app.

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes
bookluver246
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the Samsung Z flip and I experience the same issues of phone continuing to ring after the call starts, as well as the call not fully hanging up after the call ends.
Members_QavnydE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

The phone has multiple call issues:

1. Often calls do not disconnect when I press the red "hang up" icon.  

2. When calls are answered, at times, the phone is still ringing in the background

3. When I get one of those, "press 1 for XXX" menus, my choice does not register, so the menu just keeps repeating until the call disconnects me.

user4YzA6lZuQO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a galaxy s23 ultra. I have had this issue for a long time. This is not only happened to this phone. I had note 10+ & I had the same problem. This happened at a time the signal is weak. I am now with Google Fi. Before I was with metro pcs. This happened on both carriers.
0 Likes
Members_4doA3JE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm also having this issue S21 Ultra on Google Fi. Any response from Samsung on this?

0 Likes
usermJ1zJDp2lX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having this same issue with ringing and hanging up. I also have Google Fi. Has there been a patch or fix?

0 Likes