JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App issues with the edge panel?

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 11:50 AM)
Shisaki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I use the edge panel a lot to open apps and it doesn't work most of the time for some reason, started happening only recently maybe a month back or less and fix is to reboot the phone and I keep getting sick of doing that. To describe the issue more specifically the apps do show on the panel it's just that when I click nothing happens.

Thank you.
userpsL7HArZS7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Has anyone ever replied with a fix?

momof3bds
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here. It took a contact off and won't add it back.
Members_gmnB2WD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Exactly same thing happening to me. Some of my contacts disappeared off the people panel. When trying to add back on it does nothing. Other contacts can be added, no problem. Finally created a new contact for same person and it popped right on. Not sure what's going on but it appears that 'contacts' and edge are not playing nicely together.

msz1261
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Had to just do the same with a contact I realized was gone from the edge panel.

0 Likes
Jacob126
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Just put the contacts back
0 Likes
userPMT87oCTQs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
We try to add the contacts and it won't let us.
bongomon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Also have this issue.  Was already on One UI 6, but when I got the Android 14 update is when this started with me.

Rebooted, deleted cache partition, turned edge panels off and on, all of that solves the problem temporarily.  I can't seem to find a pattern as to any one thing I do that causes the edge panel to disappear.  Sometimes it'll stay active for several hours, other times it'll disappear almost immediately.

One of the most used features on my phone and not having it work is maddening

krusty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having the same issue s21 ultra vanishing edge bar intermittently. I have to restart my phone daily after updating software
0 Likes
Ceres
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having the exact same issue. After the update, People Edge panel doesn't work, and a whole host of odd things happened to my People Panel specifically. First of all, three contacts I regularly call got deleted off of it and can't be put back on no matter what I do. And then, for some inexplicable reason, it changed my husband's phone number to an ancient number he used to have years ago. (Make that make sense!) It's a number that, as far as I knew, had been deleted from my contacts and yet somehow it changed it. I deleted the wrong number and tried to fix the Edge contact and now it just won't let me put anyone on there. This is essentially my speed dial page, and the Edge in general might be one of the most used features on my phone, so this is infuriating.
wrbrow1744
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm having the problem of it not coming back after using it as well. If I swipe where the edge panel used to be the edge panel settings cog at the bottom still opens at the bottom right where my most used icons are. I also noticed if I tap on that side of the screen an app that us usually in that vicinity will open. Maybe it is actually opening just in the background somehow? Edge panels Invisible mode? Tried all the cache and settings reset and blah blah nothing worked. Very frustrating to say the least. 

0 Likes