JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 09:28 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
travis618
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
S23 ultra worked fine up until I got the update downloaded it then installed it. Haven't been able to use my screen without the s pen since. Has anyone else had this issue? I've contacted samsung customer care they told me to do a couple steps that didn't work then tried to get me to pay $600 difference for the s24 ultra. My phone was totally fine until I installed the update. Really I'm about through with samsung I've bought a lot of products of samsung but now I don't get the help I paid for. So would anyone have any ideas how to fix my issue since samsung can't. Thanks 1
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you have to replace your screen?

If it wasn't an OEM Samsung screen, that is the problem.

Samsung is working on it with an update, don't know when it will roll out!
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I had this issue whereby I replaced a damaged screen. I used a vendor that was listed through Samsung, & unwittingly got a faux OEM screen. I have to re-replace my screen with a true OEM. Luckily it wont cost me. Hope it solves my issue...
0 Likes
travis618
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No my screen is factory. Never been out of the case since it was new. Always had a good screen protector on it also
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I read if you go to apps, Google, storage clear data, reboot phone that it works for some people!
0 Likes
travis618
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No screen is factory. Not a flaw on it. Always used a goo's case and screen protector on it
0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

where did you hear that I've only seen the Google fix they've suggested for people with OEM screens.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
SamMobile website
0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

OK just had a look it says they should hopefully bring out an update not they actually are doing. Still been no word from Samsung for people with aftermarket screens

0 Likes