JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 05-02-2024 01:35 PM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
Themgoroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

this fixes the screen problem?? updating manually the TSP firmware do the work??

0 Likes
starcolider
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

it didn't for me, but I think I have a different type of problem.

0 Likes
IanWill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

NEVER GOING TO BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN! You have now lost a long time customer.  Having to jump through hoops and still not receiving any patches to fix this issue from Samsung.  Samsung passing the blame on other issues and vendors. It was the Samsung update that caused these issues. My phone was working just fine before the update. It's Samsung's responsibility to make sure these updates work as intended and not disable a perfectly working phone. This was clearly a marketing ploy to get customers to either purchase an OEM screen or get sold a S24 by their "tech support team." Well you aren't getting a penny more from me. This is absolutely disgusting behaviour from such a wealthy brand. Thank you Samsung for disabling my £1300 phone. It will be the last time you do, and from now on, if anyone asks me to recommend a phone it will definitely not be a Samsung. I'll also be sticking to LG TV's too, just to spite Samsung. Also, why is this thread marked as Solved?!?! It's not solved!!!!

$AM$UNG = PURE GREED!

Themgoroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

no updates on this??? anyone find a way to make screens working???

0 Likes
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm hoping someone actually files a class action lawsuit, I was luckily enough to get my screen replaced for free but I know others aren't as fortunate
bammitsrachel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

its been about a month since the update that killed my touchscreen. i can only use the s pen to do anything on my phone. i dont care if its samsung or google's fault. im tired. it needs to be fixed. its absolutely ridiculous that i have an emergency, it will take me twice as long to make a call. i tried suggestions such as force start, safe mode and clearing google data, etc etc. are they going to fix this anytime soon? ive always loved samsung phones but if i have to use this pen until my phone gets paid off in a year....im buying an iphone.

denise19650012
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
IPhones have issues to
0 Likes
bammitsrachel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

i know that, i'm just trying to convey how upset i am.

0 Likes
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you done Diagnostics under device care?
0 Likes
bammitsrachel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

i went to device care, optimized the apps and restarted my phone. no luck. is that what you mean by diagnostics cause i dont see that mentioned under device care.

0 Likes