JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I would check he really used an official screen as if you check the other threads on this topic every single person who hasn't been able to fix it is using a Ln aftermarket screen myself.included I can only use the s pen it looks like Samsung have completely disabled touchscreen bar the s pen for everyone with an unofficial part if you have an OEM it is fixable. If not you're unfortunately f***d like me

0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Went back to the repair place... he put another screen on it .. works now.. it was a samsung brand this time for sure bc I made him show me
0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I have spoke to Samsung in the UK on the phone and they have pretty much told me to buy a new phone. Apparently its having an aftermarket screen that's the problem and not their new update will just not work with aftermarket screens

Recampbell175
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

So I've just updated to the 6.1 software and now my screen is completely unresponsive. 

I've recently got my screen fixed, which I was assured was a genuine Samsung screen. I've read a lot of Samsung users who have done the update now has the same issues. Clearly down to Samsung being greedy so and so's and disabling our phones if we have gotten our screens replaced elsewhere. 

The price I was quoted to replace the screen from Samsung and ee was eye watering!! 

Has anyone any idea how to downgrade the software without being able to use the phone? 

I've been a loyal Samsung customer for 20+ years. I'm disgusted that this has happened especially with how much I pay monthly for my phone. 

IanWill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Let's hope Samsung decide to swiftly fire out  a hotfix for this. For them to have released a patch that quite clearly stops us from using aftermarket screen replacements is disgusting from a company worth, as of April $416.16 Billion! 

Thread: Touch screen not responding after 6.1 Update. 

jerseyboy8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Someone suggested that Samsung were working on a fix for this, but in the thread linked they have sent a boilerplate response and locked the thread.

This is unacceptable behaviour, it is clearly an issue considering the amount of customers reporting the issue here, and there will be many other thousands who will also experience the issue if they upgrade to 6.1.

Therefore Samsung please confirm this as an issue on this thread, and suggest what your resolution is, do not simply suggest some basic troubleshooting tips, these won't work.

Thanks

jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ironically I was the one who was told it would be fixed and postedthat. What a fool I was huh?
jerseyboy8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

You aren't a fool, just being deceived it would seem!

Come on Samsung tell us whether this change was intentional or not?

Otherwise I will need to downgrade OneUI and then leave my device open to security vulnerabilities, because Samsung won't let me use a third party screen!

Recampbell175
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I've just received my quote from Samsung to fix it, £1500. The phone isn't even worth that!! I'm absolutely disgusted!!! 

Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
same issue. Phone is very inconvenient to use w/ only S-Pen. when I run diagnostic both TOUCH + PROXIMITY failed 1712235390358.jpg
0 Likes