JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
hoffry21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I was sleeping the past 6 hrs and this was the battery drain... SmartSelect_20240201_074513_Device care_1000005781_1706791513.jpg
0 Likes
dedrater88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My partner and I each got the new S24 Ultra and each of us have had several issues; He's still functional, but I am returning mine for another unit today: 

• Mine rebooted itself every hour or so (even in SafeMode, and after a factory reset)
  • His has a massive battery drain
  • Both notice that the memory is being eaten up by something (always only 4-6GBs LEFT of the 12GBs)

Not sure what is going on, but I hope Samsung/Google rolls out a massive update/patch soon. 

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@dedrater88 Sorry that you are having these issues. A comment on the RAM usage. RAM usage should not be thought of in the same way as Storage usage. Unused RAM is a waste of resources and money. You want your apps to use RAM so that they react quickly with little delay. The only time RAM usage becomes a problem is when you have an app which wants more than what is currently free. 

The sweet spot for RAM usage is anything below 80%. Looks like you are running at 6-8 GB of usage. For your device, anything below ~9.6 GB is fine and is not an issue. 

dedrater88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Understood, however when I looked up what would cause the phone to constantly shut down and reboot, and running out of RAM was one of the issues, it's hard not to believe that it's not correlation but rather causation.

Notaryobot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Similar issues here switching from S23 to S24. Freezing during use with certain apps e.g. Ring doorbell video scrolling. Also filming with video led to sudden closure of function on a random basis. Playback on some videos taken with the device gives sound only and no moving picture. Battery does not seem to hold as much as expected. This too persisted after both safe mode and factory reset. My personal view is that it feels  like device shipped before adequately road tested. 

V disappointed as all the switching from old to new phone sucks up time and energy. 

0 Likes
dedrater88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes! Your last comment was exactly what I mentioned to my partner too. It's not like a plug-and-play device.. there's always a lot of time put into it to set it back up and now I have to do it all over again 😞 

I haven't had any issues with our Nest/Google Home cam, nor the normal Nest app; I didn't have the issue during film either, but then again I was on a mild setting of 1:1 @ 30fps....

Ughhh, I want to love and use the phone, but these issues are crippling. I'm hoping that by 2/1-2/2 there will be a massive update once the masses get their devices and also report all these problems. 

0 Likes
Keydy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I got this phone on Monday and I'm noticing that after a few minutes the battery percentage starts going down. When I go to battery it says that it will last me around 13 hours or so but then the percentages start going down the estimate goes down as well. I'm currently not doing much on the phone yet the battery is going down. I previously had an iPhone and the battery didn't go down this fast. I'm worried.
Options
Galaxy S24

It takes about 7 Days for the battery to learn your usage patterns and adjust. Same applies to major updates, wait 7 days or so until it adjusts.

Keydy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Really?? So this is normal then? It won't die as fast by next week?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
It's always normal with new phones and after major updates. You should see the real usage by 7 days
0 Likes