Original topic:

S24 Ultra not compatible with carrier network

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:40 AM)
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Is anyone else being told their S24 ultra is not compatible with their carrier network? We received our new phones yesterday and tried to activate them with our current carrier (Xfinity) and they are telling us our unlocked phones are showing up as not compatible.

119 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Here is the list of supported US carriers. Ironically, the Select Your Service Provider screen is not displayed on the Galaxy S24 (this one's from an S23). As you can see in the 1st sceeenshot, Xfinity Mobile is indeed compatible. If your carrier is not displayed (such as Visible, Mint, Google Fi, or Spectrum Mobile), select Open (this is a wildcard option). If activating with a carrier outside of the US and Puerto Rico, choose Other Ways to Connect to a Mobile Network instead of Open.

If eSIMs are found, you will be asked if you want to add them. If none are found, the following options will appear (though the exact options depend on the carrier) (2nd screenshot).

ACTIVATE THROUGH SERVICE PROVIDER
Download your mobile plan through a carrier.

TRANSFER SIM FROM ANOTHER DEVICE
Use this option to transfer an eSIM from another device.
(Currently, in the Americas, only eSIM transfers from Galaxy devices are supported. Cross-platform and cross-OEM transfers will be available in One UI 6.1 and later.)

SCAN QR CODE (3rd SCREENSHOT)
Use this to scan a QR Code given by your carrier.
(The activation code entry method is no longer supported in the Americas.)

INSERT SIM CARD INTO THIS PHONE
If you have a physical SIM card, select this option.

SEARCH FOR ESIMS
Try searching for eSIMs again.

RECOVER DELETED ESIM
If you've accidentally deleted your eSIM, you can recover it here.

You can check with the device support page for your current carrier for the correct steps to add eSIMs.Screenshot_20231030_233154_Call settings_1000048552_1700766900.pngScreenshot_20231030_233159_Call settings_1000048553_1700766903.pngScreenshot_20231030_234811_Call settings_1000048558_1700767586.png
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
When that screen comes up on the new phone it only showed T-Mobile. I called Samsung customer service to verify they did indeed send unlocked phones and they guarantee me they are.
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm, this is a problem. Does your model number end in U or U1? You can see it in Settings > About Phone.
0 Likes
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
U1
0 Likes
Mbrugger0807
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine ends in U1 and same issue here

0 Likes
useruDnxSaoanv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have same issue and mine ends in a U. Can it be flashed or changed to. U1? Software or anything to do with my gift or is it a paper weight?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@useruDnxSaoanv "Can it be flashed or changed to. U1?"

You can't change the model number to end in U1.

If the device is carrier unlocked, you could flash the unlocked software on it but it would still end in U. 

0 Likes
SnoopDoggFuzzyCatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
thank you
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Tmobile new feature moved right over by itself. Didn't even have to call. It created new esim and registered the phone.
0 Likes
Lauralee923
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Most carriers cannot activate until Jan 31-Feb 1st. Samsung should have released the sims for the pre-orders. Itā€™s Samsung ā€¦.not the carriers fault. Very disappointing!

0 Likes