Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked phones are mostly good for frequenting overseas. The specific carrier phones often have firmware and bands catered for their network.

Getting your phone unlocked though the carrier is not hard at all even when financed.

I've been with the big 3 and T-Mobile you really don't have to worry about unlocking, as it's a seamless transition abroad.
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Agreed.  Returned from Israel on T-Mobile.  Worked like I was at home.

Used a travel SIM when in Budapest and it worked fine in my unlocked phone.

No hassles.

Summest
S24 and S21.
posted88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I get 5GUC everywhere
0 Likes
userwvmdohyM2z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I don't know why the 5G has just disappeared in my area but I finally found a place where it worked just fine. At least I'm convinced it's the cell service and not an issue with the phone. I'm really liking this phone by the way. Thanks everyone for the help!
user1Ww1T9yiDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Having same issue. My unlocked S22 ultra that I traded in for the unlocked S24 ultra always had 5g connectivity (uwb AND 5g nationwide when connected). Went to a VZW corporate store and they had no answer for the issue and said swapping out my current inserted sim card from my old S22 ultra now in my S24 ultra for e-sim will not solve the issue. Guy did reset my mobile network but still went back to 4 LTE once leaving the corporate store (my phone switched to 5g uwb when I went into the store since they had their 5g turned on). Frustration at this point. I may go back and just get a new sim card and see what happens....
0 Likes
roushboy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. My s24 is connected to 4g lte only.
0 Likes
user1Ww1T9yiDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue but no fix found yet!
0 Likes
userScDhVQa7xV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I'm having the same problem.
I have the s24 ultra unlocked version on the Verizon network. It show 4g LTE most of the time.
0 Likes
Dafca
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi there can someone adress the issue with the signal quality(mobile data)... I have bought the S24+ and compared to my old Oneplus or Realme the signal is really poor... In some restaurants I do not have any signal so I cannot even pay via mobile....

I have been to one of stores where I bought the phone and I have checked all another 24 series phones and lots of them also had signal issues...(so I do not think that I am alone). So now I have a dilema shoudl I return the phone and get another one or this will be fixed via SW update. It kinda bothers me .... I don't wanna buy Samsung care+ for already broken phone... and when I might actually return it.

Nabin KC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same as mine s24 ultra .signal is too poor compared to my old samsung device. I am so worry as it's battery draining fast as well .in every 2-3 minutes battery decrease by 1 %.what to do ,it's so expensive phone I buy ever.