Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
mrk33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure to call Samsung so at least problem is logged, (not that it will do any good). Idk connectivity is a big issue. If you bought in a store maybe just an even exchange? I had bought from Samsung direct so that's a bigger hassle to return. I had my good S20+ to go back to. If your old phone is broke that's another issue. You have to decide how bad the problem is for you. I'm in the fence now about the drab display on my new S24. If you're coming from another kind of phone you might not notice it. But coming from the S22 is really noticeable. I hate to return the 24 cause there's other things I like about it. It's a quandary
taditya
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem

Civiliz3Death
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having the same exact problem!
Poor cell signal anywhere I go.
I'll do a speedtest and it'll show supposedly good numbers and then barely works anywhere (youtube,games, it won't even connect to vpns)
0 Likes
LeoSamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. I don't understand why I am getting a poor (4G to 4G+) signal in my house. When compared with my older phones (Samsung and non-Samsung), they would easily get 5G. I am wondering if I could or I should I get a refund instead? 

(_Ph: Smart carrier)

garretc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got the s24 ultra. I'm on version, and I am getting really poor reception, too. My buddy has a version on an s22, and he gets full 5Guc. When we are standing in the same spot, I do have 5g uc on my plan, too.
0 Likes
taditya
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same network problem. Never had this problem with my previous iPhone. Regret now

ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
My service has been really weird. I get better service In areas I didn't used to and get worse in areas I always got better service? What is happening haha now, I LOVE the display!! I actually like it better than the s23 ultras display but that's me. What else have you guys been noticing? Any updates coming soon?
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I got my unlocked S24U today and was shocked that it has worse RF reception than the Pixel 7 Pro it's supposed to be replacing.  Really bad signal on AT&T (-115 dBm and less) everywhere in my house where the P7P is -90 to -105 dBm in the same spots, both with WiFi turned off.  The S24U really wants to try to hold on to a weak 5G signal vs. a stronger 4G LTE signal.  4G LTE signal is better across the board for the S24U, but Samsung has removed the ability to prefer the 4G LTE network.  That leads me to believe it can be tweaked with a software patch. 

It's not the end of the world as I can be on WiFi with Wifi Calling in the house, but I was really hoping the S24U with Qualcomm modem would be obviously better than the P7P with the Exynos modem used with the Tensor chip.   The P7P has been terrible with cellular reception almost everywhere.

0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sure they'll fix it with a software update. I'm really sure they will. Everything else on the phone is literally amazing so I'm gonna hold out for the update to fix the signal issues.
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I hear you.  I really like the S24U.  Just wish it had faster wired/wireless charging.  Everything else about it is great.  Interestingly, it's blazing fast on WiFi - I ran a test with the S24U, the P7P and the OnePlus 12 in the same spot and the S24U is noticeably faster with both download and upload speeds vs. the other two.