Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
They'll get it figured out with software updates. Samsung ALWAYS makes there phones better with updates. It'll be my phone of the year, for sure.
Civiliz3Death
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone been having terrible signal with the Snapdragon s24+. I've had the phone for a week now and the signal is absolutely horrible. I thought it was 5g but on 4g it's the same exact thing. I've got an esim and I don't know why this is happening. On my old Motorola I had full bars mostly everywhere except basements.

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked or carrier branded for both phones?
Civiliz3Death
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked for both
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

You've got 4 bars, which doesn't look too bad to me. Motorola phones had always been known for their superior antennas, not sure if that's still the case. My Ultra with 5G and 3 bars gave me 15.7 and 7.26 on US Cellular.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Civiliz3Death
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The image above is the speeds I'm getting a 4 bars and that can barely load anything, I'm also in a wide area as well which makes this more frustrating and unacceptable for a phone this price
0 Likes
Tg1016
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That would be depriorization on a congested cell tower. Simply, if there are too many people on the same band frequencies, your download speeds end up crashing to near 0 Mbps. The only way to know for sure is to check your speeds in different locations to see if there is improvement. If not, then it might be a carrier related issue as they will temporarily shut down certain frequencies while they're working to expand or upgrade 5G coverage in areas.
0 Likes
Civiliz3Death
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I think that it has to be highly coincidental for any of these problems to happen now when it never happened on my previous phone. I'm pretty sure it is the device because on data , I recently checked and it won't connect to any vpn's on data and I have checked multiple. I certain that this is a device problem of some sort and not a carrier problem.
0 Likes
Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
These are the speeds I'm getting on my S24U. Not sure why yours are slow.1707276469284.jpg
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Were those speeds on WiFi or Cellular? I only see numbers like that when on WiFi.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes