JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 11-06-2019 12:34 AM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
80 Replies
userLJ5Oi0qB5V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My active2 started overheating recently - 5 months old. ONLY happens when I switch to (Sprint) LTE.  I found several threads like this one that say "solved, but none show an actual solution.  Any thoughts from Samsung?  

userkNB5M3xiHz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was on the charger for 10 minutes when I heard a beep and looked over and noticed a red triangle with "!" in the middle of it and something about overheating, but the message vanished before I could get my glasses to read it clearly. The watch was at 58% charge when I placed it on the charger and the room was 69F. The watch was VERY hot on the back side when I picked it up. This was a one-time occurance, about 2 weeks ago.

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey there,
@userRqHqkQJZ67 @userkNB5M3xiHz

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNdq64Tf8QZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So this thread started in Fall 2019 and it's now July 2020 with users/customers experiencing the same issue.  I just purchased an Active 2 44mm and wish I had checked this forum first.  My watch went into cooldown mode the first time I tried making a cool via LTE.  I reset everything via the Reset function on the watch and turned off most of the health monitoring stuff.  After waiting a day, I tried to make another LTE call and before I could even dial the number.  I just reset again but resetting is not a solution, it's a hassle and a sign of a failed device.  That the moderators haven't publicly issued a solution is a worry.  That people are reporting a device getting very hot is a worry.  What is the next step:  reporting the device to the FCC and FAA as a potential overheating risk?  Does anyone have a solution that can be published here?

0 Likes
userjsG2nqpWTg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my Active 2 for a month and it's apparently getting too hot notice this with spotify or trying to make calls follower by a drastic battery drain of 50+ % now I will always stick with Samsung before I go to Ios 😕 but you guys have to up your game very very drasticly 4GB of storage vs 8x on apples why?

Lucky when it lasts 12 full hours before dying and needing to be charged only to get super hot half the time I had the Note 7 and remember those awesome days when my phone almost caught my couch on fire is this going to be a repeat occurnce with the watch?? Hopefully then they will definitely get up and fix the issue when big corp loses a billion or two during corona times this better not happen why I get the Galaxy beans note 20 ultra and the next watch hopefully you have uped your watch game this year also try to at least increase the storage to 16 gigs for paying $450 a few monthes before the new watch comes out only being my 3rd also if you charge a premium for a watch have premium bands for people like me that will pay for the best guess what guys?? With your crappy bands I went right to your belieloved Apple and guess what they said on live chat our bands are interchangeable obviously as I thought and tossed them $200 dollars you could have gotten best bands being $20-$50 lmfao if you charge some benjis for a premium watch have good bands and more storage and no over heating bs before the watchs start exploding like the note 7

0 Likes
userP9sCp1EIKt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch is also getting overheated every time when I go outside for run, of course I enable LTE and listen music through it . Live in Texas, it's pretty hot and high humidity. I will be returning watch, as it does not make any sense to pay for features, that couldn't be used. My pattern is simple, so easy to reproduce (btw, I am quality assurance engineer) Please help to resolve problem, I am willing to support you to troubleshoot issue.
0 Likes
steinyWI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a active 2 that is a week old that overheats 20 seconds into a call. how can this be
0 Likes
userC0gNMqQY96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wish I found this post earlier. Having just purchased the Active 2 44mm LTE to upgrade from my regular bluetooth version due to a recent price drop I to am experiencing overheating. Went for a run in standalone LTE, SHealth running and spotify connected via galaxy buds. Didnt even get to the end of my road before greeted with overheating message. I allowed it to cool and started off again only to be greeted with same message followed by a shut down. I returned home, started up the watch, tried it in LTE with Spotify only for i to happen again

Needless to say return in progress, regular bluetooth model back on and my confidence in the new Galaxy Watch 3 4G shattered !

0 Likes
userCry07bpppf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Similar issue with my Galaxy Watch Active 2. Didn't have an issue for the first several months - worked fine from Dec through about June or so. Since then, constant overheating warnings, even when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV. It's ridiculous. Should've gotten an Apple Watch, and couldn't in good conscience recommend to a friend. 

0 Likes
userq2CSq1tldV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Re: Active 2 Watch Overheating

@SamsungAdam 

I had this issue with my watch and sent it back and Samsung replaced it for me with the new one. It was great and I was happy with the service.

BUT.....

new one is overheating as well....

Even when I reset it and even when I don't use cellular .... 

Something is wrong .... 

With this money that I paid.... I really did not expect this issue.... 

I will definitely follow it up again but what if I get another same one... ????!!!

0 Likes