JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 11-06-2019 12:34 AM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
80 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here are a few articles that may help:

Keep your Galaxy device at it's normal operating temperature

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smartwatch

Keep you Samsung smartwatch running in top shape

Close recently used apps on your Samsung smartwatch

If the watch continues to overheat and the battery continues to drain rapidly, please send a private message with the full model code and serial number or IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKrvumLOCk5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone have trouble with samsung active 2 overheating and battery doesn't last a full day. Had it replaced and also talked tech and still having the same issue
0 Likes
user5lXN2ZLrfc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did not post the original report of overheating and constantly drained battery.  However, I am having chronic issues and spent countless hours trying to resolve the same issue.  I have reset, restarted. Uodatdd... turned notifications off....  all sorts of video instructions completed... even went to T-MOBILE to make sure I set it up correctly. I'm not near humidity, I have not exercised with it (battery dies before work ends), and barely use it other than for the time. 

My watch is one week old. How do I either FIX it QUICKLY or return it?  Can I get out if the Tmobile data contract? 

Very disappointing.  I used FITBIT for years and batteries lasted for days, sleep and heart rate reliably and accurately recorded, excellent customer service, and notifications happened. I thought I was upgrading and want this to work out.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. If you have attempted the troubleshooting steps and they have not solved your problem I would be happy to assist you further. Please send your full model number and serial number in a private message: https://bit.ly/2SUXRar 

0 Likes
Samsung_hbk6LRc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had mine for just a few days now and tried to make my first call and got the overheating warning within about 10 seconds... then the watch hung up the call.

This is really sad.

useri0WWDhYvfy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have this problem.

When using lte I get this message and the watch is not usable. I paid more to get late and its not working....any solution?

0 Likes
userL0ZVAz6H7A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here..

My active 2 arrived on Wed 27th May. 

My first outing involved a 4 mile walk, tracking the hike and using Buds for music. 

1st hour I was very happy. 

1:15 the cooling message kicked in.  No music or tracking. The battery was down to only 25% so potentially useless for any out door activity.

I haven't starred any trouble shooting... Unlike my phone, there doesn't appear to be a battery monitor to help ID what's drained it.

Any suggests welcome where I should start, as I will be disappointed to return it. 

userL0ZVAz6H7A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update... Convinced my first watch was faulty, I asked for a replacement.

It arrived with 70% battery so dived into the set up.

Within the first 10mins the over heating message popped up while I was entering my WiFi password.   The battery then drained rapidly.

The usual problem continued the next morning and I gave up and have returned the watch today. 

The watch is not fit for purpose and can't make my mind up if I am extremely unlucky or it is really as bad as I have experienced. 

Great idea, poor execution. 

userZZVDAGa85W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have 3 Samsung watches two of them are almost brand new. One is a galaxy watch active and yep it recently started doing this for no reason. Not using the watch, I'm inside, and it's cold as heck in here.. and it's been saying it "has to cool" no third party apps installed and watch is up to date. I love how they have you mark the solution as solved when it's clearly not solved. I'm pretty upset considering how much these watches cost me, and I'm still paying them off.

Haven't noticed this problem with my galaxy watch yet just the active... .either way I'm not happy at all.

Richard

usercvO5cqzlGZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. R825 44mm LTE. No official response from Samsung yet? I see lot of references of that problem on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173014736710054/search/?query=overheat&epa=SEARCH_BOX