JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 12:47 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

131 Replies
Valdemar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, how did you do that? I have galaxy wereable app installed and aditionally downloaded gear s plugin and it still does not work. 

userZvTKLqp32j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I made sure the watch was already disconnected from my old Note. This resets it to factory. I downloaded the plugin from the Play Store and then I went to Wearable and paired it.
Footbal9584
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you so much! I thought the wording didn't make sense as it basically sounds like it is just warning us that it won't work with the S25 or any phone released after the S24 and not that it doesn't work with the S24. I think the app closing is a bug and it should probably be automatically downloading the plug in instead. They will probably fix that soon.

But for me downloading the plug in manually from the Play Store worked somewhat perfectly! I had to try it a few times. I reset my watch a few times and uninstalled both the wearable app and the plug in a couple tones before it finally worked. But it's all good now  So happy I can keep my S3 for a few more years.

Here is the plugin for anyone that needs it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.gearoplugin

Funny enough it gives you the same warning once you get it set up and are actually in the wearable app. Which makes sense to me.

1000007147.png

 

Superpork09
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been trying to get my gear s3 to connect to my s24+. I downloaded the wearable app and the plugin but it still doesn't work. I've tried clearing the cache, resetting devices, and reinstalling the app but I keep getting stuck loading on either the finishing pairing thing or the main screen where it gives you the message as shown in your picture but when pressing connect it just loads. Any suggestions to get this to work?
EzraGarrison
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's the same thing I'm getting. It goes further than it did without the plugin, but it still isn't fully connecting
user5lC7f5t68z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Deleted and reinstalled Wear app, and S plugin. Reset my watch. Restarted phone. It successfully paired, but does not successfully 'connect'. Stuck at the 'Disconnected from Watch' screen in the Samsung Wear app, with a never-ending loading circle. My watch says "Check your phone to complete setup".

TheDude1983
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here...  😞

userFReqQhImCN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
After downloading the plugin, did you have to do any special steps?
0 Likes
Breikon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is really bad from samsung. Making devices that can perfectly work together unusable, is worse than apple is doing.

Sinfonian76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I love my Gear S3 and now it doesn't work with my new phone (S24 Ultra). Can anything be done so I can use it again?