JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
131 Replies
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same with me.  Have you figured anything out since your post?

0 Likes
Aengus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes same here just setup my new s24 ultra and can't use my Samsung Gear s3 frontier, Gutted This needs a fix. I am not in the market for a new watch.....

userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree. I have 2 watches that won't work. I don't want to have another line for the watch. This is lame.
userocFi7N4Jz1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It means after the start of 2024
0 Likes
userocFi7N4Jz1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got that message too. When I got my s24 ultra today When I try to pair my s3 frontier
0 Likes
zsharpe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the same response. Said will not work after 2024 release. But it is not after 2024???
Sereno121
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same......was super bummed. I also agree. The statement definitely says AFTER 2024! I had to re-pair it to my old phone (S21 Ultra) again just to get it to work.
0 Likes
userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It can connect! When you transfered your files to the new phone, only a shell of the Gear S app transfered. Open your Play Store, search for Gear S plug in, and your phone will come back with that is on the device. I chose the Gear S (I had like, 6 to chose from) and it updated. Then I tried to pair my watch and it worked. But I did get that warning after pairing about it not working with any newer phones after 2024.1707222650779.jpg1707222650794.jpg1707222650811.jpg
0 Likes
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried that 5 times and it still doesn't work.  And now the Plugin app is not even available for me to download.

Wilrobbins
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

There needs to be some way to fix this.  The watch and phone do pair but the misleading message pops up and the watch drops off.