Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

119 Replies
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sad

0 Likes
KimMadsen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Completely lousy customer service, they take NO responsibility for the **bleep** they put us through! I'm an IT consultant, should i invoice Samsung the time i've  spend on the problem they caused it would be a 4 figure high amount, just for the first week! It's been four weeks now...
They offered me 20% and i would get free Buds, but i don't need buds, i use Bose QC35 & 45, and asked them to credit the buds if i returned them. They Wouldn't...

0 Likes
TheWarden
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where is Samsung!? Why are they not replying to this issue!? I have a Galaxy watch frontier s3 perfect working watch. I upgraded to the Samsung s24 ultra and it is not compatible. This it bullcrap!!!! They need to fix this or Apple will get a **bleep** of a lot of new customers!!!! I refuse to buy a new watch!!! Fraud!!!
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I posted a solution earlier in this post that might work for you. I refused to get a new watch, too, so I made mine work.
0 Likes
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the solution.  But, it doesn't always work.  I tried it 5 times and now the Gear S Plugin is not even available in the Store from my phone to install on my phone.

0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry it didn't work for you. It looks like they removed it from the store, probably because so many people are having issues with the plugin and they don't want to fix it.
0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you have your old phone, check the Gear S Plugin version and try finding that version on apkpure. I checked, and they made the plugin incompatible with Android 14 on the Play Store.1708446242517.jpg1708446242535.jpg
0 Likes
Moz288
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, another disheartened Samsung owner.  It's difficult to understand with countless Bluetooth smart watches on the market that are compatible, but my S3 frontier that was working perfectly (and still is, just without connectivity to my new S24) I find is no longer 'compatible'

Disillusioned

Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I posted a solution early on this post that might work for you. I could not get my S24 Ultra and S3 Frontier to connect, but after following those steps, it only took one attempt to get the watch connected and working
0 Likes
userjegc7dNm0g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm in the same boat as well. Too bad we were not made aware of this when pre-ordered the new S24. Would consider the classic 6 if 1/2 the price they charge for them as a combo order deal.