JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Watch 6 is burning my skin!

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 07:27 AM)
mssully69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am sad that I got my watch less than 2 months ago, and its physically making a blister on my wrist! It is right under where the sensor is. I hope they are looking in to this! I am reading that it is happening to a lot of people! 

8 Replies
roly-Poly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's weird I've had apple watch for 8 years and now a samsung watch and never had anything like this happen to me 🤔
mssully69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I actually googled it and there appears to be a lot of people having issues like this with the 6. The UK has a lot of issues posted. But I do clean it, I also wear it loose enough for a finger to fit under.
0 Likes
roly-Poly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Pretty weird first time for me. Sorry that's happening to you
0 Likes
mssully69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you. I put in a help form with Samsung. We will see what they say.
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wonder if it's the sensors causing this, some people have skin reactions to that type of thing. I've had my watch 6 since Christmas and no issues.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@mssully69 As a person who has had a bad bout of poison ivy, I can tell you that allergic reactions can look like burns. If you didn't feel the watch being excessively warm, I would suspect a possible allergic reaction. But I'm not a doctor. 

Options
Galaxy Watch
That one really looks like it's caused by not being clean enough. However, some of us are sensitive to the laser in the sensor.

Here's what you can do if that's the case:

1. Make sure it's very clean. Like rubbing alcohol clean. It won't hurt it. I had my Watch 4 since launch and traded it in last month. Wiped the back with alcohol once a week.
2. Turn off continuous stress monitoring
3. Change heart rate to longer intervals or to manual if you don't mind it.
4. If you don't use your sleep metrics, turn them off.
5. Wear your watch on the other arm or not at all until it heals.
6. Enjoy your watch, and remember step 1.

Edit: It also looks like you are wearing it too tight. You can see the strap mark.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

0 Likes