JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Owning and wearing multiple LTE watches with Verizon.

(Topic created: 10-29-2022 03:32 PM)
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have no experience owing more than one LTE watch at a time with Verizon, but that may change. 

I would like to be able to wear my LTE Watch3 Classic on some occasions and a new LTE Watch5 Pro on others.  If it was a phone I was talking about I'd just swap Sims.  How would this work with watches? 

Thanks

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello @bill-e!
As far as I understand, the LTE Watch5 uses E-Sim, so you do not have to switch between the 2, but when activating it, you will need a phone with active service.

Here is the article I am referencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/

Hope that helps.

-SteadyStatus21
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, yes I understand activation.  So am I to assume that to switch between the two, I have to just reactivate the watch I'm going to be wearing through the Wear app and it will become the active device on my plan? 

EDIT: I wouldn't think they could both be on the same line as I think the new watch gets a new number as well.  I certainly don't want to pay for two connected devices on my plan. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
You'd just tell the phone to connect to the watch you want to wear. The Wear app keeps track of the Samsung wearables you have.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, I know that's how it works for BT watches, but is it the same for LTE?  I'd be pretty happy if it was that simple. 

Bill
---
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am so happy to hear that you are thinking about owning two separate LTE watches. As the LTE feature is carrier based, both devices are E-SIM and will most likely require individual lines. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to verify how their LTE watch process works and for any further information on their watch plans.

0 Likes