Original topic:

Samsungs New Watch 6 and 6 Classic

(Topic created: 09-09-2023 06:12 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

GW6Classic-family-01-configurator-800x600.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is the latest smartwatch from Samsung, and it's packed with new features and improvements. Both sizes have a Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is powered by the new Exynos W930 chipset, which offers a significant performance boost over the previous generation. The watch also has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

In terms of health features, the Galaxy Watch 6 has a number of new additions, including an ECG sensor, a blood oxygen sensor, and a body composition sensor. The watch also has a new sleep tracking feature that provides more detailed insights into your sleep patterns. Health Features Including

Advanced Sleep Coaching, ECG / Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification, Personalized Heart Rate Zones, BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Skin Temperature / Cycle Tracking and Blood Oxygen

The Galaxy Watch 6 runs on Google's Wear OS 4 operating system, which means you can access a wide range of apps and services on the watch. The watch is also compatible with Samsung's One UI Watch software, which offers a number of customization options.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is available for purchase now, and prices start at 299.99 for the 40mm and 329.99 for the 44mm and for the Watch 6 Classic with its rotating bezel 399.99 for the 43mm and 429.99 for the 47mm before trade in

Colors for the Watch 6 are Gold, Silver and Graphite and for the Classis are Black and Silver

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
111 Replies
useroiYGjsCBXi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the smaller classic but as mentioned in the list of issues above plus others, I find it odd that the watch can be worn on either hand but no one in design gave thought to how that might work for those who wear the watch on the right arm and the minute indicators being upside down that painted on the rehaut.

I do like the smaller size and the stainless steel or whatever the material is of the classic but I am disappointed in the life of the battery so far. I'd get 2 days out of the 5Pro, yeah I know bigger battery but 40% in 6 or 7 hours is not really good.

0 Likes
RealNickName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wait to get this watch.....it is mostly broken at this point....

Incorrect auto bike exercise tracking, it breaks up one ride into many depending how many lights you hit

Incorrect sleep tracking, no deep sleep, and wrong total sleep time depending on how many times you wake up

Short battery life

No heart rate variability number in ms

Freezes

Notification come in even when do not disturb and sleep modes are actietc.
Legal_arbitration
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

lol and have you realized you lost standalone which was available in smartwatch 4 ... yup more money and cannot work standalone meaning two cell plans 1 number

0 Likes
userRfDMSuw5iK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The 6 classic LTE looks sharp but I did return if tor the battery life and kept my pro. Classic with data and wifi (auto) was getting 30 hours, the pro sees nearly double that. My next biggest reason for returning was the fact the activity still cannot accurately track my laps in the pool. I was really hoping Samsung would fix this, but they haven't so I am off to better, more epic things.

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
For what it's worth. I've had some websites refuse to accept parenthesis and or apostrophes. You may remove those and see if it works.
0 Likes
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm going to agree with everything everyone has written about not being able to leave ANY reviews. No matter how much I edit the review I get a "fail" response.

If you guys want to play the dance of "we want your honest feedback" while purposely putting up a site that doesn't allow any reviews so you can load it up with shills (or AIs) who are writing sham reviews, that's up to you, maybe it makes you feel better, but honestly, what's the point?

We all know what's going on.

0 Likes
Lobonca
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
I see a lot of complaints here and I am sure they are justified. But readers may get the impression that the Galaxy 6 watch is no good. 

I pre-ordered my watch from Samsung and it arrived two days early. Never having a Galaxy watch before, I went on YouTube to help me with initial settings and tweeks. That saved a lot of time and heartache.

Within a week the watch settled in. Now, a month later after 24 hours of wear I still have 30% battery. We all would love longer battery life but I can live with this. The overall accuracy of health and activity monitors is pretty impressive. Sure there are a few hiccups but I think we all need to understand that this is not a true professional medical device. It is a help but not a substitute for professional medical monitoring.

So Samsung, kudos to you and thank you.
Lorek
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm glad for you that you have 30% left. My watch last about 18 hrs with no exercise or activities and I have had my watch for a month now. I like to watch just not a fan of the batter. The GW4 I traded in had a better battery life.
Options
Galaxy Watch
The sleep tracking on many W6C's is way off. We get single-digit deep sleep numbers and bizarre chunks of awake time that never happened, not to mention a lot of Sleep Mode weirdness. It's great that yours seems to be functioning somewhat normally, but that doesn't seem to be particularly common.
TokyoRain
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Interesting take on others complaints. Perhaps never having a watch before puts you a bit on the outside of what ppl are experiencing. Devices arriving early is hardly unheard of during samsung pre-order sales. Also seems unlikely ppl are experiencing medical misunderstandings. For example doubt ppl are getting readings suggesting they have a condition only to visit a medical professional and find out otherwise then complain to Samsung for misleading them with their device inaccuracies. The overall tone of many complaints is that Samsung advertised improvements on a new device that aren't matching previous generations. They can't tell us the sensors, battery and tracking are improved from our older devices and think customers won't notice when their are bugs or downgrades in performance.