JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade in rejected

(Topic created: 08-11-2024 01:10 PM)
maf113
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung trade in program is a joke.  I sent in a perfectly working watch 4 classic for the new Ultra.  The watch was crack free and had gone through a factory reset.  It rebooted fine and I thought I had powered it off.  They are now saying the screen does not work.  Did they try putting it on a charger???  Maybe the battery is dead and needs to be recharged.  

Like I said it was working fine when I mailed it back.  If they return it and it is in good order i will speak to a lawyer to report them for running a scam on their customers.

This is totally unacceptable 

10 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have never heard of a trade in being returned there maybe few exceptions but in general no like you said it could be the battery need a recharge hard to say
0 Likes
Luis1995
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Always take pictures of the watch turned ON before sending in. For some reason they don't bother to turn it on they just assume it doesn't work if they see it's off. It's crazy how they process the trade ins.
maf113
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

They are sending it back and charging me the $300 trade in credit.

It appears that the trade in team's only function is to disqualify a trade in.  If you leave it powered on than the battery will run down.  If you power it off, than they will look at a blank screen and claim it does not work.

So, from what I can see, the Samsung trade in program does not really exist.  It is a scam.  Techs will not even do the most basic test and make false statements about customer products.

A simple solution, DO Not BUY SAMSUNG.

They have lost me as a customer for life.  I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Luis1995
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Correct. It happened to me once after that I took pictures before sending the item. after the first time it happened again, and I sent the pictures and they accepted the trade in right away. I wish I could stop using Samsung but they always give 5he best trade in values and lots of pre-order offers when new devices come out, so it's difficult
0 Likes
maf113
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well as for me, I don't care how good of a trade-in they offer.  If they don't honor the trade-in then they do not have a trade-in program.  When I bought my watch 4, I traded in a Samsung watch.  It was my fault, but I forgot to factory reset the watch.  They returned it and charged my account.

I made sure the watch was factory reset this time.  But that did not work for them.  

When I bought my house, it came with a Samsung washer and dryer.  They dryer went out the other day and I was going to buy the new Samsung Bespoke all in one washer/dryer.  Not now.  I just ordered the GE Profile.  I was going to replace an old 55inch LG TV with a Samsung Frame.  Not now, I will be buying a Sony Bravia.

When Apple comes out with their new Iphone (and I hate Apple) I will upgrade my S22 Ultra for an Iphone instead of the Samsung S25 Ultra.

Again a simple solution.  If they will not honor a trade-in how can I have trust in any Samsung Product or service.

Samsung you have lost a customer, that will tell everyone not to buy Samsung.  Samsung is a dishonorable company.  

mgnm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Been trading for years without a problem but I do over package things going back.
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
My only issue with the trade-in program is that the return window expires before they look at your trade-in. I've never had an item denied, but if it were, you're stuck with the new device at full price. That's why I photograph and video the device, and packaging before putting the final tape strips on the box.
0 Likes
maf113
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, like I said, the easy solution is not to buy samsung again. They saved $300 but lost over $10,000 in new product purchases. I canceled my order for the Bespoke combo washer/dryer. They will be delivering the GE Profile on Tuesday. Next year, I was going to replace all the kitchen appliances with Samsung. Not now. I am going with GE.

I really wanted Samsung, but I have lost confidence in the company.
maf113
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

2106d767-2928-458a-9945-3e515a659f1e.jpg

 This is the image that the Trade-in department sent me. They claim the screen is cracked.  If you zoom in you will notice the "crack" is a perfect 360 degree circle.  What is amazing is that this record breaking "crack" remained in tacked.  It did not fall out.

Well it is not a crack it is the screen protector I applied 3 years ago.  I completely forgot about it.  The tech thought the edge of the proctor was a crack.  How anyone could think that a perfect 360 degree continuous crack in glass was possible is beyond me.  If it were a crack the center portion would have fallen out.

So that screen protector cost me $300.  Anyone want a $300 screen protector?

0 Likes