JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to Smart Switch backups from the Galaxy watch 5 to the watch 6 as it's saying it can't be backed up

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 07:17 PM)
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm failing at this, my watches say icant back them up. What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to back up your watch 5 and restore to your watch 6, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify before we go deeper into troubleshooting, your watch 5 says can't back up watch data is that correct?

Are you using the same Samsung account on both watch?

What error message are you getting when trying to back up via your phone and the wearables app? Give this link a try for steps to properly back up a Samsung Smart Watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00091083/ 

What type of device are you using with your watches?

Are you getting any errors with SmartSwitch? Give this link a try for Samsung SmartSwitch transfer symptoms: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001215/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided, we recommend reaching out to customer support for additional assistance by calling 1-800-726-7864

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Replies
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wish I could screen shot, it says no back up for this watch.
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's really frustrating, I am pretty tech savvy but this one got me.
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here's what it says on both the old 5 on the left and the 6 on the right20230808_221942_1000004370_1691551188.jpg20230808_221751_1000004369_1691551074.jpg
0 Likes
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Whoops vice versa
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Next time, please block out your email address
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Their screen shot shows their email address, not safe to post it on public forums due to people spamming people
0 Likes
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'll have to figure out why the phone is not letting me. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it
0 Likes
userg16uCJv2xa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Any ideas Verum on my phone not letting me transfer from 5 to 6.
0 Likes
aaronwt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had this problem tonight with my Watch6. I had reset the watch five times.  And deleted backups, after resetting, before going through the process of adding a new watch again. Finally, after the sixth reset, everything from my Watch5 was transferred to my Watch6. From my Watch5 backup. All my watch faces, that I had purchased through Google, were now on my watch6. No idea what the issue was. But I'm just glad that everything finally transferred over.