Original topic:

LTE Watch not syncing messages in Google Messages on Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 10:07 PM)
Marcelouser
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone.

Have a question about the LTE version, got my GW6 today and after setting it up I went to run.

I noticed the messages I answer through the watch while jogging don't show up in the phone and the Google Messages watch app has a 'phone inbox' and 'watch inbox' options, can we combine that into a hole inbox?! I couldn't find a way and think is a bit stupid to have different messages in both devices when using one or another.

The watch has a different number linked to my phone number, different from Apple that 'takes' the iPhone phone number to the watch. It supposed to be that way?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the Google Message on your watch and phone being in separate inboxes. As LongHiker advised this would be a carrier symptom. Each carrier handles the number syncing differently. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if the number can be synced. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Marcelouser each device that connects to cellular will have a unique phone number. Your carrier should relate the two numbers (watch and phone) in their backend so everything is seemly combined for the user. Sounds like you need to talk to your carrier. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Marcelouser in addition to what @LongHiker suggested, you might also want to try clearing the cache of the Messages app you're using in Settings>Apps>Messages>Storage>Clear cache.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the Google Message on your watch and phone being in separate inboxes. As LongHiker advised this would be a carrier symptom. Each carrier handles the number syncing differently. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if the number can be synced. 

0 Likes