Original topic:

Watch faces still showing in the Galaxy wearables app after uninstalling from Galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created: 01-05-2023 11:19 AM)
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK, Have Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and Galaxy S22 Ultra.

All are up to date. 
I have uninstalled several watch faces, BUT, 2 watch faces show still in the Downloaded part of watch faces tab. Checked on both phone & watch and both are uninstalled. 
When clicking on the X to uninstall just shows spinner and does nothing. 
Have cleared caches and restarted both, still there. 
Will try couple more ideas, but does anyone know why this behavior? Sadly happened one other time and in anger reset watch and then had nightmare try to get phone and watch to link again. 
So any ideas that DON'T involve resets are good. 
Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Since you have already tried clearing the cache I would suggest clearing the data from the Galaxy Wearable App. This will bring the app back to stock. You will have to reconnect your Watch 5 Pro.
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
And THAT is what I did last time. And it literally took over an hour playing around trying to get phone & watch to link to each other.
0 Likes
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay. Not sure why those uninstalled watch faces are still showing up in the downloaded section. Haven't run into this issue myself so I can only think it is a glitch and hopefully they would be removed with a future software update.
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, after thought, decided (rather distressedly) to rest and all that . hope no issues. 🙄😔

0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, that resolved the issue. Angry that this GLITCH exists though.
Samsung needs to fix this ASAP!
Because it is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A## to have reset watch and clear data on phone and THEN restore backups just to clear this up.