JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch4 Classic 46mm is not compatible on Verizon

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 10:56 PM)
Big24tex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Verizon is telling me my Watch4 Classic 46mm is not compatible based on the IMEI. Anyone else with this issue?

4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Big24tex Carriers get IMEI files from the manufacturers. They typically load these the day before the release of the product by the manufacturer. Since the official release date of the watch is the 27th, I would guess that Verizon hasn't yet loaded those IMEIs into their system. 

Big24tex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I asked the same from Verizon on the first call they said that shouldn't be the issue but I suspect you are correct. I will try it again on Friday and see what happens. Thanks!

0 Likes
oOOOo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

As of Monday August 30 my Watch4 Classic 46mm has called, received a call, sent a text and received a text even with bluetooth on the phone turned off. I did have to call in to get the watch4 set up as the automated script via the Wear app did not get it done. Fixed it over a Verizon coach chat app or something like that. The tech on the chat was good. 

0 Likes
Nutellapr
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I encountered the same issue. Technical support was unhelpful and blamed Samsung. I filed a complaint with the FCC. A gentleman from Verizon's CEO office reached out and managed to find someone to manually register my IMEI (with the wrong model details). When I asked if the root cause of the issue had been resolved so that others experiencing this issue would be helped, he replied that y'all would have to call into their technical support. i.e. they didn't find out why this happened and are trying to make this complaint go away.
I suggest y'all try their tech support. If you have no luck, post your findings here and then file a complaint with the FCC once tech support inevitably tells you to call Samsung.
0 Likes