JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 55 TU7000 Screws needed

(Topic created: 07-11-2020 07:49 AM)
uservGkvgguMjv
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently purchased the Samsung 55 Inch TU 7000 TV and I am trying to hook it to brackets so the TV does not fall off the stand. I purchased the screws recommended. M8 Screw, 1.25 Pitch, 20-22 C (MM). I got both the 20 and 22. However the screws are too small as they slide in the holes on the back of the TV and do not tighten. What screws should I get for this TV since the manual does not appear to be correct for the screws to get. I tried calling 1-800 Samsung but they were no help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would suggest reaching out to our parts department as they have access to part sizes and such

www.samsungparts.com or 1-800-627-4368 (J&J International)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would suggest reaching out to our parts department as they have access to part sizes and such

www.samsungparts.com or 1-800-627-4368 (J&J International)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQaZ41f6B8Q
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey did you ever resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue with the bolts just sliding in the back of my 55 inch QLED Q60, using every variation of M8 in the manual.

My local tech shop was kind of baffled that the screw would go in and just spin freely. Could it be that the TV VESA holes were just not milled well?

0 Likes
user9mjABNBivW
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same problem. Q8DT. Manual says M8-.25 25mm. Spins freely. 

what do we use??

0 Likes
useryY1sKmt1Hv
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Buyer beware!

The TU* line of TVs is NOT compatible with VESA out of the box. 

The holes in the back of the unit are for the Samsung wall mount adaptor.  Conveniently sold separately!  Lol.

Really that Samsung chose to produce these TVs in this manner.  What were they thinking?  Maybe how to upset their customer  and keep them from coming back.  Goal Achieved.