Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userwCxFicpfE0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5900 was OK on June 17th 2020 but started power cycling yesterday June 18th 2020. Nothing I've done makes any difference including, removing mains and holding on/off for 30 seconds, powering on with on/off depressed for 30 seconds, powering on with eject depressed for 30 seconds and powering on with eject and on/off depressed for 30 seconds and finally leaving the device completely disconnected for 24 hours .

From all the posts it looks like a bad update was pushed at a lot of machines including mine. I don't know how Samsung are going to put this right but I'm mad as heck so sign me up for any class action law suit.

userAf8B6iYk4d
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Exact same issue with us. Amazing that so many people have the same issue at the same time. This is not a coincidence.

For me: problem started this morning June 19, 2020 when the device was turned on. Device was working normally the night before.

• BD-J5900 continuously cycles
  • Unresponsive to any input from unit buttons - if power button is held, the unit just restarts itself and issue persists
  • Unresponsive to remote
  • When unplugged from outlet and plugged back in, the issue persists

We had a blu-ray disc in the player tray. Disk was removed using the manual tray opener. Didn't make a difference with the unit's malfunction, though. If you have a stuck disc, look for the crecent-shaped slot with a ridged, grey wheel in it on the bottom of the unit, towards the front. Use a small flat-head scredriver to gently push the wheel, and the tray will slowly extend with each turn.

Come on, Samsung. This machine worked just fine for everyone on here until your brain trust interfered. You are bringing dishonor to yourselves and your families with these uncouth business practices. If you cannot fix the issue, take the honorable action and replace the machines at no cost to the customers.

userXjSjkfTpOI
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Very very upset. Our blu ray player has been looping. When we turn it on the main screen appears then will begin to turn off, then on, then off, in a loop without any buttons being pushed. Prior to this issue we were unable to use hulu because it said it was no longer supported on this device? I am pretty upset that our one year old blu ray is a complete hunk of trash. Waste of money. Purchased at Sam's club. Buyers beware. I really hope samsung offers to make this right with a replacement or a credit towards a new one. No reason a device this new should be so defective. And based on the boards it appears there are several others experiencing the same defect. 😞

0 Likes
HeIsEnBrG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

There is a no fix people, it your fault for waking up and turning your machine on like you do day in and day out! Not Samsung's fault, give them some credit. They are working very hard at not caring about you and collecting money! They just want you to have the new cool products they are making. 

0 Likes
userJVQKNRHgiZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

There are various threads on here covering the whole world now about how an update has forced Blueray players into a power cycle mode yesterday repeating constantly.

I use mine for my full surround sound so its caused some issues.  What worries me is how the heck are they going to push a new update to something that wont turn on? 

As this is global I'd suggest everyone takes to social media as so far theres nothing of them accepting liability.

I am in the UK and I've seen posts from around the world!! 

userQel2SgbBlt
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My blue ray player started looping also. It was fine this morning and now a constant loop. Frustrating.

0 Likes
usernf38QfPv5X
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My blu ray started cycling on and off. It goes from on then turns itself off in a repeating cycle. I have tried to disconnect, reset eject and power buttons. As aoon as I pkug it back in it starts cycling on and off. 

userFaXa4HItRL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

MIne just started doing the same thing! It was just fine tow hours ago. I consulted with support on chat but they said it needs to be diagnosed by a local technician.

userSwyvR65rVA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine is doing the same thing. Started about 20 minutes ago. Nothing I've tried as worked to fix it.

user6Ryz7jOBwx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two of these units- today both started doing the same kind of cycling on/off!  Something is very wrong here-