Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userhUaaSYRWvH
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The same issue is happening for my BD-J5700.  Yesterday it was working fine.  Today I turned it on and keeps restarting until I unplug it.

There's no disc in the unit and I don't see any error messages.

userqlyl8NeJ4T
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have two of these units that started doing the same thing.  One started doing it late last night.  I just checked the second unit and it is doing the same thing.

user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started doing the same thing! It was fine yesterday...

0 Likes
userdlg9UlBgQ3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yup same here, I have a BD-JM57 hooked up and it has always sometimes needed to be turned off manualy because the Amazon prime app gets stuck. So It got stuck last night (June 17th, 2020), I unplugged my blu-ray and when I plugged it back in (which usually isn't a problem), it starts turning on/off so fast I can't even put a DVD into the player. This has to be a problem from Samsung's end to have so many people with the same problem at the same time is not a coincedence. See this thread about it happening to a lot more people starting yesterday too. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

UPDATE 6/18/2020: Got off chat with support and they say that there wasn't a software update for the BD-JM57 yesterday. They insist that it is a hardware issue and to troubleshoot or send it in for repair (they won't pay for it) but do say "this can also be software glitch. We are just waiting for a fix on this issued by Samsung." and to wait "atleast another day". I don't know about anyone else but if it isn't fixed within 24 hours I am shopping for a different brand and buying a roku/fire stick. Samsung isn't manufacturing Blu ray players anymore so clearly they don't care about those products or the people who have them.

Update #2 6/24/2020: Getting the run around with Samsung, they are obviously aware of the problem but from my impression, after 5 days, they're no closer to a solution and it seemed that they aren't even sure what the problem is. The employee said that Samsung will release a statement "once we sort out the issue" and not before. When I asked for a status update, nothing, when I asked for what the problem actally was, nothing. I stressed the severity of the situation and the position they are taking by waiting to make a statement. Honestly, I'm not buying anything from Samsung ever again. I went out and bought a roku and plan to buy a Blu-ray player (obviously not Samsung brand) that doesn't have apps or connect to the internet. BTW the employee keeps saying "resolution" instead of "solution" which is NOT a good sign for getting our devices fixed.

usera4Zz19dnJ7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same experience here after talking with support, wouldn't even entertain the idea that it could be a firmware update issue with dozens of us developing the same problem at the same time. If it wasn't a new update it must have been a failure in a previous one. 

edit - longer thread w/ a mod at 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev... 

0 Likes
userWO3QjvqPxX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I was told by one of the techy's that does work for us that Smsung is getting out of the business of blu rays, so likely they're just going to leave us all hanging!

0 Likes
userhwXgy2tiG0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Me too! Unbelievable that they won't take responsibility 

0 Likes
userhc8yaRBDPD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add mine to the pile. Is there a fix for this glitch or are all of these worthless now?

0 Likes
userCRhLLhKF4F
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine too!  Was there a recent update?  This is making me crazy.

0 Likes
user9dF1OIvSRi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add mine now. It's a J5900 and was working perfectly 24 hours ago. Now it is living in a crazy on and off loop. I already opened it just to check nothing was wrong with the hardware, all perfect. I would point it to a firmware update or sth related to it.

0 Likes