Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user4B7vRG6coM
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I see it started for some guys on Thursday, mine was Friday.   I called Samsung today and they are no closer to a solution than they were on Friday. i'm deciding whether to pull the trigger on a slightly used Sony system I saw in my area.   I don't have patience at times like this unfortunaly 

0 Likes
userlxwfTE4OvN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Acts like it's trying to read a disc but has no disc in it and the TV sound is not working. Screen flashes back and forth from Samsung logo screen to the DVD home theater screen. It worked fine 5 hours ago shut it off and went and did a few things came back to turn it on and this is what I get. Have been reading that I am not the only person with this problem. It looks like it's widespread. Started an account so I can keep track of what was going on.

user7i0q7R8qCP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I have the same issue since yesterday. Went on some forums where a lot of people are also facing it. Saw some posts on Twitter. Samsung Deutschland answered one of them saying they told their developers to work on a fix but there is no news of that for the moment. I asked Samsung world and Samsung France but had no update on it. As it's appearing for everyone owning a J5500 Blu Ray disc or home theater since yesterday or the day before, it really looks like a bad firmware update.

Just don't unplug it and hold power (as some technician sometimes said). It will reset your home theater but the bug will still be there. And as it had been reset, it won't be connected on wifi anymore so if a bugfix happen, you'll have some trouble downloading it.

userTfvdNzDjmS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue, started yesterday... was hoping to find some answers. A darn firmware update did this? Wish we had the ability to toggle that on and off from downloading behind our backs. ☹️

userb0cRKVj7m9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, same happened to my j5550w sometime yesterday afternoon UK time. I found this discussion just after I did a reset on it. Oh well, will have to wait and see what Samsumg are going to suggest. I hope there is still way to update and fix from this situation. 

userNLW69Vt8hC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

How did you manage to perform the reset on it behaving this? No success even after the process, right?

userVEQI8XVOyd
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I live in Freiberg, Germany and have been experiencing the exact same problem on my HT-J5500W since Thursday 18.06.2020 at 18:00

userINHQNJ1qZC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My bluray player is just showing load on off in the led . Please help me with it as it is not working properly 

userFlt2AYIWSM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi guys same problem.  I'm from  South Africa.  Let's see how widespread this is globally.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

anyone try doing a hard reset?  Not sure which button this manual is talking about but I'm at work now.  It shows as a square in the manual on page 45.  Some reason when I paste from the PDF it comes out as button "5".

● The product is not
working.
(Example: The power goes
off or you hear a strange
noise.)
● The Product is not
working normally.
● Press and hold the remote control's 5 button for 5 seconds in STANDBY mode.
This will reset the unit.
- Using the RESET function will erase all stored settings.
Do not use this function unless necessary.
You have forgotten the
rating level password.
● With no disc in the product, press and hold the product's 5 button for longer
than 5 seconds. INIT appears on the display and all settings will return to their
default values.
- Using the RESET function will erase all stored settings.
Do not use this function unless necessary.