Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userWWuaSyEMGC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is doing the same thing. Adding to thread in case there is a fix...

0 Likes
userynRF9Q1fzi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have 3 j5700 and all of them in the last 2 days have come up with the issue

0 Likes
userz1GsfRWj5W
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just found I'm having the same issue as well with my BD-J5100. Worked fine yesterday. Loaded it up to finish a trilogy with my son and it just kept looping on and off. I can't even get the current disc out of it. I tried the 8 second holding of the eject button but the until isn't ejecting the disc tray. Anyone have any solutions on getting the disc out without disassembly?

users3MbpzVjLk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

If its anything like the j5900 on the bottom of the player under the disc try there should be a semi arch cutout (looks like a paranthesis) this accesses a small wheel that can be manipulated to actuate the sled. Rotating the wheel counter clockwise will open the drive. At least thats on the 5900.

0 Likes
user3VeMiNxjOg
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The only button that will probably still work (partially), is the eject button on your remote control.  It should open the tray (for about 2 seconds) before it closes it again, but that should be enough time to remove your disk.

user355INKFQxs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

On my BD-J5100 I was able to eject by holding down the eject button on the remote control. You have to be fast, becasue the player only opened the tray about half way before it starts closing again, but I got the disk out after 2 tries.

userLHipfIlSsX
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started doing the same thing. My assumption is that while I was watching a movie earlier today it installed a bad software uodate, so when I went back later in the day it decided not to work anymore.

0 Likes
bnrboi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-J5700/ZA that cycles itself on and off too and the home menu keeps coming on and off the TV every few seconds.  Frustrating that this is happening.

user2gfNFI8rR1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samsung_Thanos must have snapped his fingers.  I'm in the same boat as all y'all!  Samsung, you should be embarrassed and ashamed.

userJAeP0eydfZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I bought one for myself and my grandmother.  Both started having this issue today.  Samsung needs to fix this or replace the ones they messed up