userSlY6jXH8C3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

That has nothing to do with this issue.  It was an email server hack.

userLyPKCQvKtQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The HTJ-4500 as well. Seems nobody is immune to this issue. 

0 Likes
userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

plausible causes:

1) Samsung botched a firmware upgrade

2) Samsung forcibly prompting consumers to upgrade, a la Apple

3) Samsung was hacked on grand scale

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I don't think they are forcing an upgrade due to they dont even make players anymore. I suspect a boched firmware or a hack.

0 Likes
userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They just closed the most popular thread regarding this issue. It stated it was solved but it wasn't. They just closed the thread saying that they are looking into it. Sigh....

0 Likes
hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They closed my thread on this as well. I started a new one with the latest message that I received during a chat with a Samsung rep and a moderator deleted it. This is getting out of control. They're really trying to cover this one up. 

Freestyle-Delux
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W has been having issues since this past Thursday. Its stuck in a loop and there is no way for me to do a hard reset or anything for that matter. Is Samsung aware of this issue? I see that theres  a significant amount of people here that are having the same exact issue. If anybody has any information I would glady appreciate it. Thank you.

userrtseI9KrsC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W started doing the same thing on Thursday. When starting it I see the Samsung logo, the "home screen", and then it reboots. There is nothing I can do to stop it. In the one second I can see the home screen, I have time for one or two remote inputs.

Was there a software update that was pushed? I didn't think this unit could self-update.

There has to be a way to reset it. Otherwise, it is bricked.

useril1Vo03Pdp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It's a worlwide issue that has affected other models of home theaters and blu ray readers. You can see a more thorough discussion here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HT-J4500-home-cinema-cycling-on-and-off-repeatedly/t...

0 Likes