Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userWh11tbl1j4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BluRay player won't turn off and keeps trying to cycle  to play pictures, won't read the disc. Can't get it to play the disc, can't get to the home menu for more than a second. Keeps trying to cycle internally. Worked fine last night. Now I have to unplug it because it is trying to do something and I can't get it to turn off. Won't display the home screen for more than a second. I can get the disc tray to open but then it closes by itself and sometimes won't open all the way. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I guess we have different defintions of the word "solved."

I saw the stories hitting over the weekend, and fired up the old BD-J5700 to watch a movie on Saturday night. It worked, I thought I was immune.

Until I got home Sunday 😞

0 Likes
userW6oGZRpGoA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57C is doing the same thing and I'm rather disappointed and frustrated!  It won't power up any longer, it just sounds like it is try to load a disk over and over, but there isn't a disk in the unit.  Unplugging it didn't solve the issue.

0 Likes
userhFhE0hr09u
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My surround sound 3D blu ray player is doing the same thing. The sound isn't even working. My Samsung TV will only play the TV speakers, not through the Samsung surround sound speakers. Hoping the fix fixes all the issues with all players.

0 Likes
userNRiyGkFn9Y
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem here too...trying hard to fix breaking my head. I know many of you guys are in the same boat, if you have any solution/suggestions please do share with me. 

Thanks!!!

Be safe 

0 Likes
user6tNinyoo9b
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My unit keeps cycling as if there is a disc inside but there is none. This just happened a few days ago. Can't reset as the screen usually shows the logo. Occasionally, the selection screen will appear but only for a split second. This doesn't allow enough time for changes to be made by remote. The unit makes constant noise and if a  solution is not provided soon, I'm afraid the Blu-ray player may self destruct. I've always enjoyed my Samsung products and generally hold them in high regard but this last situation is very frustrating to deal with.

0 Likes
user5LXIO8pRpo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm in the same boat as so many others! My Samsung Blu-Ray Player all of a sudden started continuously looping on and off. There's nothing else to do besides keep it unplugged. I see a thread on here that has hundreds of replies but Samsung has marked it resolved! That isn't the case. We need to all put up separate posts on this same topic. I also posted on their Instagram  page. Thousands of consumers now have broken Blu-Ray players due to an error on Samsung's part. Please do the right thing and remedy the situation. Thank you.

0 Likes
userI7tNdGLBSb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the exact same problem with my BD-JM57C starting last night.  We have a DVD stuck in there.  Thanks for finding a solution!

0 Likes
userJBw3fiq54G
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We have the HT J5500W and this same thing is happening. Appears to be happening world wide and across all different models. It's pretty sad how many people it's affecting. I've unplugged mine for a day so I'm sure my internet settings have been erased, so if a firmware fix is coming, I won't get it over WiFi. What if we connect it via Ethernet cable? I will not pay a dime to have this fixed. Clearly Samsung's issue and they best have a remedy soon. It's stuck in a loop; even if we have a fix on a flash drive, how will the system even process it if we can't load it? Ugh. Poor form Samsung!

0 Likes
userW89JlVzLUK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mi blue ray se apaga y se enciende una y otra vez

0 Likes