Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
godtiermeme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was considering getting a Samsung Galaxy, but I don't think I will after seeing how they handle something like a BluRay player. How it even needs to be updated or patched or serviced to something this broken is beyond me.

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

At least on mobile devices, there is a whole other side community of support away from the manufacturer's (aka XDA Developers) and those devices actually have recovery modes that the end-users have access to. Out of principal, I still wouldn't give Samsung any more $ until this gets resolved at no cost to us. 

I have asked several Samsung Care Pro reps multiple times how to boot my blu ray player/receiver into recovery mode. Either there is no recovery mode (VERY SCARY) or they are not willing to provide instructions on how to access recovery mode. Myself, as many other users have so far, were instructed by Samsung reps to power on the device and hold the stop button for 5 seconds to attempt to reset settings. It still is not clear whether that will take our devices offline and prevent the possibility of an OTA update. 

I'll keep updating this thread so long as it stays open with any new info that I stumble upon.  We're in this together! 

user4iPE1ho9Qo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Agreed from me.   The blue ray is now a paperweight.   Alas I now have no access to streaming Netflix or amazon.    I'll give it a week then never ever consider Samsung products again 

0 Likes
user3zlsbXzydg
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Since June 17 it's been in infinite boot loop

userYtRgO5LWtY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issue with my BD-J5700 since June 18. I don't know how I'm supposed to fix it powering on and off it I need to upgrade the firmware manually. There doesn't seem to be a way to manually reboot to default settings. I tried plugging in a USB but the power cycling kept going. Seems like it's across all Samsung blu-ray players. 

userAefvmMlEtU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Worked fine on Wednesday June 17th.  Next evening turned unit on and it flashes main menu for less than a second as it goes from highlighting 'Loading Disk' to highlighting 'Photo' then screen goes blank and cycles over again. Every 7 seconds. Along with accompanying reboot cycling of the BluRay. 

It is not a reasonable expectation to purchase a BluRay unit, and have it's software/Firmware run less than two years.

Awaiting hopeful Firmware or whatever process to fix this.

See original complaint post  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/td...

userxBCDlPhkEE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We just had two Samsung BD-57c units start doing the same thing less than 24 hours apart! We had another (Still in box), that we hooked up (All came from Costco). Working for now... We'll see. 

What is Samsung going to do about this?

0 Likes
Yankereb
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I too am having this issue on a BD J 5900 and then today on a 5700 that we had in another room. Both were not connected to the internet for 3 days when this happened due to us changing providers so was not a messed up update.  Is there a solution?

0 Likes
usere5AP4bLpe8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Ours started doing it on the 20th after not being used for a few days.  We had a rental blu ray disk in it when it started that it refused to eject.  If anyone else needs the disk out there doesn't appear to be a way to manually eject the tray.  We got it out finally by holding the eject button while plugging it in as another user suggested.  It took about 3 tries, but it finally caught the command at the right time and ejected the tray for about 2 seconds before automatically pulling it back in.  

0 Likes
userV7g0dexewH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am expereincing the same isssue on my HT-J5500 DVD Player. This appears to be a systemic issue across a whole host of DVD players. It appears that some SSL certificates on the Samsung server have expired. See story on the verge:  https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/20/21297854/samsung-blu-ray-problems-ssl-firmware

I hope Samsung finds a sloution soon else we would all end up with huge pile of e-waste.