Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userhbSuGQB3na
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

BD-JM51 is also cycling on/off in a loop. Samsung has got to send out some type of fix. PLEASE!

0 Likes
userhADVcIG2ve
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Loads of consumers have reported this same issue at the same time, it's a software update that's caused our players to malfunction -we should not have to fork out money to have this repaired, no one asked for this update and they were working fine before. Warranty or not this needs to be fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
useroVBUDx5cvF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Given my issues I'm convinced the issue(s) resulted from a software update. 

Is this an update from Samsung or some sort of malware?

0 Likes
user7mVwqqz5cb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Blu-ray's doing what everyone else in the worlds is doing. Cycling on and off and now I can't stream or hear anything. This is very dishonest business practices we are witnessing at SAMSUNG. Especially considering Samsung is not coming out with a formal statement. Everyone needs to constantly flood their social media accounts non stop on every platform and these forums to demand something is done. This is unethical. 

userhADVcIG2ve
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes the exact same thing happened to mine a few days ago, as have lots of other peoples. They say they can't help over the phone and refer you to a third party company that want to charge you to inspect your player, and then charge you again for the repair. This isn't acceptable, our players were fine until Samsung released a software update that none of us asked for -now our players are broken. They need to fix them regardless of whether you have a warranty or not

userOJEgnZS0El
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yep, I use mine a few times a week, today, lots of beeping and turning on and off.

This is unacceptable that they have crashed probably millions of peoples DVD players and are hiding out not fixing them or even just rolling back the "update".

I almost threw mine in the trash before looking online for a possible fix and finding thousands of people complaining about the same thing within the past week!!!

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

It wasn't an update, it was probably a pre-existing bug such as an expiring certificate.   If it could be fixed by just rolling back don't you think Samsung would already be telling us that?

userliYDLM12ZY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
Birdman02
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
Birdman02
Astronaut