Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userbefcUIMRRV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same problem started with our BD-JM57C on Friday evening June 19 in Michigan. Worked fine on Thursday evening.

Not using a CD, just for streaming.

Cannot get into settings.

userGt4Zs5PvFD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Exactly the same thing happened. Endless loop. Unplugged the unit overnight.  Still not working. BDJM57C.

0 Likes
userAOv5C3JhpE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Please add my BD-JM57C Blu-ray DVD player to the list.  Was working fine on Wednesday (6/17/2020).  Started doing continuous loops the next day with the screen flashing on and off in rapid succession.  Tried unplugging for several minutes.  Did not fix problem.  Tried to reset by holding down the eject button with no success.  What are the prospects of getting a solution from Samsung?  What other brands/models are equivalent as a replacement?  Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@users7uH5pW6vYPlease remove the disc from the unit. Turn it on and then hold down the Eject button on the player for 8 seconds. Please let us know if this changes anything.

NolaLass
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine started this morning. I tried the 8 second Eject reset. I tried the 10 minutes unplugged. I tried these same 2 things again. I updated software last night. Was it not tested before distribution? Is there a fix? Looks like a software issue given the number of people with the issue and the fact that most of them have just had the issue.

userBXFhakkCj4
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did not fix problem

0 Likes
userMHOregon
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

No disc in the unit. Neither the "open tray", nor the "power" button do anything on the device. Unplugged overnight, still cycles when plugged in again. Blu-ray player unresponsive to remote. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
userM7LO5mwfg0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The problem is your firmware update.  Why no fix for this yet? 

userB1w2nG0ktY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This didnt work. 

0 Likes
userPSCjjTUXWi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have tried the provided solution, however it didn't work. 

0 Likes
userPSCjjTUXWi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The same exact problem is happening with my BD-J5700 unit. The solution you provided did not help.

0 Likes