cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung home theater HTJ5550K in bootloop. No Solution in india

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing same problem with my Bluray player in India.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/td...
I have complained about many forums but no solution in India. Samsung customer care responded that this is beyond repair which is clearly not the case as can see in the same above forums many people across regions have reported that Samsung accepting this problem and started repairing their devices.
In India, they clearly don't have a clue about what is happening to the devices.
Can Samsung US help their Indian colleague to fix this problem?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung home theater HTJ5550K in bootloop. No Solution in india

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bro I feel you. I'm from Malaysia.

My Home Theater HT-F6550W is in boot loop and no solution in Malaysia. Live chat and hotline Malaysia is helpless.

They still request checking fee and repair fee, that is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is sad to see my beloved Hometheater died like that. Looks to me these devices were shipped with this problem and Samsung never caught it. don't know what kind of testing they perform on these devices. It is clearly a miss from Samsung. I will not buy a Samsung device again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously we bought samsung because of brand and had faith. But if big fortune companies will also behaves like this, than there no point of buying from them with premium price.

Disappointed, they are not able to give any statement till now after 11 days.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had recent discussion with customer experience executive, as per her they noticed few more cases and basis provided information by us they are investigating the issue. But broadly they get the news that their technical team declared this as motherboard fault and they are in constant touch with manufacturers to provide the boards.

Seriously as normal users we can understand easily that it's not board. But they don't want to accept it.

In india we have to wait only. No positive news till now

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's alot of motherboards going out at about the same time 🙄

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's(sevice engineer) in kolkata quotes for main PCB/Mother board replacement only. They doesn't accept any (firmware update failure) into account. Therefore, they are charging Rs (4950 + 18% GST) for parts replacement . As of now, that PCB/Mother board is out of stock. Moreover, NO promise frm samsung on its availability,  as its production been stopped. Therefore, wht option left to us in India ? Really... 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also received same response to below tweet

They are still not accepting that this is global problem in India. Clearly saying it is problem with the mother board of my device.

https://mobile.twitter.com/enggsatya/status/1274034192553177090

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in Brazil. I own a BD-J5900 that has the same problem. I talked to Samsung few minutes ago and I was instructed to keep the unit plugged and connected to the Internet as Samsung is trying to fix the problem. I hope this is true. This is the information received from Samsung in Brazil through a chat online: Samsung is aware of the problem, and soon it will be solved, it is necessary to leave HT connected on the internet, because, this new update is being sent to all HT, within 72 hours!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure if that is really going to happen. As if this problem can be solved by just connecting devices to the internet then why would in the US they will ask customers to ship their devices.