Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Freestyle-Delux
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You have to call Samsung customer support. They will give you a ticket number; you have to ship your unit to them. They will repair your device free of charge. 

0 Likes
icestation
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Canadian Chat Line will not give me a mailing label.  The escalated me to an email support center who said they "will get back to me".  Here is my last exchange with them, not very satisfactory:

Sorry

10:35AM

ï‚· Allan

I'm from CANADA we apologize for everything

10:35AM

ï‚· Allan

For example, I am sorry that Samsung sent me an unsolicited firmware update over the Internet and bricked my Home Theater system. Please accept my apologies. It won’t happen again. Like it did in 2013, or 2011. Dang Kevin, don’t you guys ever learn? I got one word for y’all: GOOGLE

10:36AM

ï‚· Kevin

Allan, I am sorry for inconvenience.

ï‚· Allan

Yup

ï‚· Allan

So Kevin, I have a way Samsung can make it up to me. Please send me a mailing label.

10:37AM

ï‚· Allan

So that I can send the unit to you so that you can un-brick it.

10:38AM

ï‚· Allan

Like you are doing for everyone else...

ï‚· Kevin

Allan , I understand your requirement.

ï‚· Kevin

I see that you've already contacted our phone support team and the issue was escalated.

10:39AM

ï‚· Allan

Yes, but they told me I needed to produce a receipt. They also told me they had never heard of this issue. So Kevin how about that mailing label?

10:40AM

ï‚· Allan

2431 people cannot be wrong. I am sure there are many more.

10:41AM

ï‚· Kevin

As the issue was already escalated to appropriate team they'll be contacted you with possible options

Is there anything else I may assist you with?

10:58AM

ï‚· Allan

I have one last question Kevin. Does Samsung acknowledge they damaged my home theater system by sending defective firmware to it unsolicited?

10:58AM

ï‚· Kevin

We have noticed the issue with some models, our team will review this concern and help you with possible options.

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Contact them again. Sometimes call center people are lazy and are measured by not doing things, or "Kevin" just didn't read things he was supposed to have. 

0 Likes
userHnL2mhaBdD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It has been a week and a half.   This is too long for so many of us not being able to view discs.

0 Likes
user0ZVSMOA2Sm
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W 3D Blue-Ray plate continue to cycle when plugged up. It started this about 3 days ago please help. I use the audio for teleconferencing at home in my office

FC2CDB97-1EA4-4DF6-9C6B-492C548F9238.jpeg

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Which region you are from?
I am facing the same problem and Samsung said that it is beyond repair.

0 Likes
userEmb2cLolsp
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Just spent fifteen minutes web-chatting with a Samsung USA support technician and they were completely helpful.

Elsewhere in this discussion someone reported Samsung said "mention 'worldwide bluray failure' in all communications". I did that, described the problem, and posted the URL for the start of this discussion in the chat. The technician asked for my model and serial number (older model, well out of warranty) and email and shipping addresses, and sent me a prepaid UPS label via email to return it for repairs.

Samsung USA, at least, is stepping up to the plate.

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Good for you bro. In India, they are denying repair.

0 Likes
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I am facing same problem with my Bluray player in India.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/td...
I have complained about many forums but no solution in India. Samsung customer care responded that this is beyond repair which is clearly not the case as can see in the same above forums many people across regions have reported that Samsung accepting this problem and started repairing their devices.
In India, they clearly don't have a clue about what is happening to the devices.
Can Samsung US help their Indian colleague to fix this problem?

useryPji8fHlH5
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Bro I feel you. I'm from Malaysia.

My Home Theater HT-F6550W is in boot loop and no solution in Malaysia. Live chat and hotline Malaysia is helpless.

They still request checking fee and repair fee, that is ridiculous.