Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userfwgdYAaNva
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Around June 20th, 2020 our HT-J5500W stopped working.

No sound and Blu-Ray not working, just keep looping to menu.

0 Likes
usertq5Bmtk9af
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Contact Samsung and ask for a free repair.  I had the same issue and they did it for me.

0 Likes
bidon88
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Have they returned yours and is it now working?

@usertq5Bmtk9af wrote:

Contact Samsung and ask for a free repair.  I had the same issue and they did it for me.

0 Likes
userbdzyVZl2MM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Any Solution for this?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userbdzyVZl2MM wrote:

Any Solution for this?

yeah.. check any of the previous 10 pages... 

Call Service at 1-800-SAMSUNG.  Get past the automatic attendant.  Get hold of a real person.  Warning.  Wait time might be about 45 minutes or so.  Explain to the person that you have a BluRay player stuck in a boot loop.  They might want you to attempt a reset.  Won't work.  They will get some information from you.  Then they will email you a shipping label to send it back via UPS.  All free.  No sales reciept needed.  If they ask, just tell them you don't have one.  They might ask where you bought it.  

userLqpD1QVTIF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Since they are no longer making Blu ray players it's almost like we should just go to another company. Who knows how much longer they will support our players or if this will happen again.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userLqpD1QVTIF wrote:

Since they are no longer making Blu ray players it's almost like we should just go to another company. Who knows how much longer they will support our players or if this will happen again.

Sure.. but until that time happens, I'm going to take advantage of it and get it fixed.  Besides, I fully expect the unit to die some day.  Age, wear and tear..  But when several hundred thousand of them go dead at the same time, world wide.... well, either they are gonna fix their mess up, or I'll join in on the Class Action suit.  To me, this is the same as if they came into my house and destroyed my player.  

0 Likes
JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I would actually like to hear from someone whom has recieved their player back in working order before I send mine off.

Options
Home Theater

@JordanChadHungate wrote:

I would actually like to hear from someone whom has recieved their player back in working order before I send mine off.

Well, mines still on the way there...  I guess you can hang in there and we'll let you know in a week or so.. 

0 Likes
JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Will do partner. 👍

0 Likes