Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
icestation
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I want to take this opportunity to reply to all the conspiracy thoeries associated with this event:

1) This is not a plot by China to steal your WiFi password.

2) While it is true that the reboot loop prevents you from removing your WiFi password from EEPROM before you sent the unit to Samsung for repair, you can trust Samsung.  They will never disclose your WiFi credentials to anyone, lest of all the intelligence agency of any hostile state actor. 

3) Samsung may manufacture in China, but they are a Korean company and their Chinese factories are impervious to injection of Chinese spyware into their products.  All the Chines factory workers in Samsung's China factory are very loyal to Samsung. Trust me on this one.

4) This is not an attack on America and the rest of the civilised world that the Chinese have been planning for years.

5) If you can get past the organ harvesting, the Western China Muslim concentration camps, the imminet invasion of Taiwan, and the building of miltary airstrips on Phillipine islands,  and the changes to Hong Kong Autonomy, the Chinese communist party is really not all that evil.  They just need some love and understanding.  Let's all just take a deep breath and cut them some slack here alright?

6) The reboot loop is not the Donald's fault.  Coronavirus is.  But not the reboot loop.

0 Likes
userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello Sabrina. This is good news....for the ones that live in US. What about the ones that don't? I live in Brazil and I have a BD-J5900/ZA, S/N <hidden> that I bought in US. I have talked to a Samsung person, in Brazil, that instructed me to let my unit connected to Internet for 72 hours as Samsung was going to try to fix the problem using the network. I hardly believe that this make sense because the unit does not keep on enough time to have it fixed. Anyhow, I would appreciate to hear from Samsung what shall we, the "outsiders" whether there is a chance to get Samsung help in our countries or not? I fear that I will have to scrap my unit but I will keep hopes. Thanks (my email is <hidden> and my name is Wilson A.).

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Hello @userao7juHQ2ox. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, this forum is for the support of US products and customers. Please check with support groups in your area for assistance. You can do so by using the link below:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@MsBri1 , like @userao7juHQ2ox, I live in Brazil but my equipment was purchased in the USA. In Brazil, support informs us that the problem must be solved by support from the USA. I do not believe that they will not find a global corporate solution. Samsung went to Brazil to make my device unusable, it is just that Samsung finds a way to solve this problem worldwide and do not keep throwing us aside.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

@AlexandreGarc, you would need to mail the device to a US address and they would need to send the device to the service center. Send me a private message to get started. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Wilson, your situation is the same as mine. Let's wait for what Samsung will do to solve our problem. I also live in Brazil and the support here indicated that I should look for US support. Today I feel like samsung has been inside my house and broken my device. I feel helpless. My contact email for Sabrina is <hidden> Thank you.

0 Likes
userdeXYv6yELJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am anxiously waiting for Samsung Pakistan to get this information so that i can get my unit fixed 

0 Likes
userYMI1XspAU6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi I amit from india, my Samsung blue ray home theter HT-J5550K, having same problem.  I tried to contact samsung india. they asked to do reset only which is not solved the issue, they haven't  provided any in-mail repair and asking me to pay for engineer visit. please help me. please provide e mail address where I can get in-mail repair. thanks

amit

0 Likes
userYMI1XspAU6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of the boot loop issue that appeared on certain 2015 Samsung Blu-Ray players and are offering free mail-in repairs to customers who have been impacted. We encourage any customer with questions to contact us directly via chat or call at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Hi I amit from india, my Samsung blue ray home theter HT-J5550K, having same problem.  I tried to contact samsung india. they asked to do reset only which is not solved the issue, they haven't  provided any in-mail repair and asking me to pay for engineer visit. please help me. please provide e mail address where I can get in-mail repair. thanks

amit

0 Likes
userBUBG72CVh7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Not acceptable. This is a <$200 device. What happens when it's a refrigerator, range, TV, washer or dryer?

0 Likes