userSlY6jXH8C3
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

They received my HT unit today and the text said it will be about 4 days. 

0 Likes
userEqnhwvtnEf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with model J5530

0 Likes
userMaxuwVKO1c
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem on my brothers blueray player. I have tried the method mention with no results. 

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

...it was working fine last night.

0 Likes
userDqgf0IUtNn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Contact Samsung either by calling or using the chat .  I used the chat yesterday and it only took a few minutes to connect with a service rep.  He knew about the issue and wanted my contact information, model and serial number.  He immediately opened a repair ticket and emailed the information on how to return for service with a UPS shipping label.  The UPS shipping label came as a separate email.  I also received text messages confirming the ticket number.  Did receive an additional text asking for receipt but I think that may due to the way the service system is setup?  The service tech never stated that a receipt was needed.  He also said that all I had to ship was the unit.  Luckily I still had the original box and styrofoam so packing and shipping was easy.  UPS accepted the shipping label without asking for additional fees.  From the other commenters, it appears that it is a quick fix once it has arrived in the repair facility.

userHsM4P77Li7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes !! 

Get in on with Samsung chat - 

after some questions about the model and what it's doing, They will send you a UPS shipping label to return player to their repair center and fix the issue!

sending my system off in the morning- hopeful to have a speedy turn around!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

0 Likes
userPGYgxKzuAB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Where did you start the chat? There are several places but I don't want to pay for any service plan to have them fix something they broke... So when you say "Get in on with Samsung Chat-" where do I get that. Do you happen to have a link?

Concerned.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userPGYgxKzuAB wrote:

Where did you start the chat? There are several places but I don't want to pay for any service plan to have them fix something they broke... So when you say "Get in on with Samsung Chat-" where do I get that. Do you happen to have a link?

Concerned.

Well, all that information is in the "solution" on page 1 of this mess. Second posting down. The chat is here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ 

Or do what I did and call:

1-800-samsing

Talk to them. Give them there information and they'll send you a label to ship it to them. Free shipping and free repair. 

userp5xpHjHci1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi

So my BluRay started looping as well about 2 weeks ago. I contacted our South African Samsung call centre who advised me to take my machine to the custome care centre where they will repair it free of charge, even if it's not in warrenty anymore. So imagine my surprise when I tried handing it in yesterday, only for them to imform me that the part needed to fix it is discontinued, so they can't help me!!! No solution given, no alternative option eg. swop for a new one, NOTHING!! Just sorry that you wasted thousands of rands on something that will never work again!!! I am livid!!! How can you treat your customers like this????

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Especially as there should be no part needed.

I'm not trying to rub it in, but the following was included in an email from the Samsung partner, after repairing my unit.

"The repair work has been completed on your BD-J5900/XU, which has been repaired and thoroughly tested by our technicians. The following parts were replaced:

SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE"

I suppose it is possible that different units require different solutions, but if i were you, I'd be asking them which part they think they don't have.

Good luck

John-C
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same repair for me (same model).  Web-chat Friday 26th June.  Collected Monday 29th June. Repaired 2nd July and advised it will be returned to me 3rd July.  

0 Likes