Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userElW1oVRgVT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm in the UK and just chatted with Samsung. I have a J5700/ZA. They told me that this is a USA model and they won't take it to be fixed so I have to contact a service centre. Have emailed same and will see what happens. Disappointed Smiley Sad

0 Likes
userCXcSKY3gb2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Started with chat on Sunday 6/28. Got my prepaid shipping label from Samsung the same day. Shipped my three year old BD-JM57C on Monday. Received by Samsung on Tuesday. Repaired and shipped back to me on Wednesday. Got it back today (Thursday). Tested fine. It's hard to imagine better responsiveness, except it would have been nice to receive an explanation of what happened!

MoparDude
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I can’t speak to Samsung’s arrangement with customers in other countries, but in the U.S., Samsung  is fully bearing the repair cost and shipping fees (mailing in and returning the unit). They are calling it a one-time accommodation to cover the out of warranty work – i.e. inspection and/or labor and parts used for the repair.

So, if you are experiencing the “boot loop” problem, contact Samsung by phone or chat. They will create a repair ticket. You don’t need proof of purchase (i.e. receipt) to have them repair/service your unit

olegl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello from Russia! The same problem on HT-J5530K. Local service don't know about the problem at all - go to official service center. 

P.S. I've made some investigation. I've tried to set time by NTP but the device don't have any network activity not wired nor wireless even after reset. So I think the only way to repair is to solder JTAG on board but it's possible only in service center!

0 Likes
Rickster223
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So as soon as I heard about this issue, I unplugged my BD-J5100 from the network. I have only used it 3 times since (I don't use it much anyways) but it still works. My question is, whether it is a firmware or certificate issue, is the problem already baked into my machine, or can they/have they update something on their end so that I can plug my machine back into the network?

0 Likes
userXuPWSKKM16
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
In Russia, only paid repairs. 
0 Likes
userhKrKXDmNJp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

UK Customer...

My Blu Ray Player was collected by DPD on Wed 1/7/20 for repair.

DPD driver turned up, took the boxed up Player - didn't give me any paperwork or reference number. 

Haven't heard anything since and couldn't track it so rang DPD.

They have a record of it being collected but nothing else - its gone missing.

Sick of this f#@king s#@t

0 Likes
userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi  I would not worry ,If like me you  called the UK support, I did this on Monday , they gave me  a ref. number and the Tech Repairs ( The UK agent ) called me on Tuesday to arange collection. Tech Repairs sent me a email quoting RMA no and confirmed the dpd collection would be on Friday today. They stated that they would come with a suitable box and the form had to be completed and put in the box. I asked TR if I would get a receipt . They said not dpd don't do that due to the Covid situation which is fair enough , but they will take a photo . They have just collected as planned and dpd and I took a photo so I am happy I have enough proof and tracebility . I hope this helps you and others who are about to go through the process in the UK . TR said return should be in about a week.

I first wrote in this string 2 weeks ago and the fact that we as customers have had to drive a solution through this limited system and Samsung have not posted on their main site has appalled me . However that said once I got onto Customer services the process has been good, but I feel its only after pressure by key review sites like CNET and Tech Radar they have offerred any kind of solution . As you rightly point out we have no statement as to the cause or hav e they put is systems to stop it happening again. Sorry this long winded 

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userhKrKXDmNJp 

As DPD would have been collecting your unit on behalf of a Samsung repair partner, maybe RepairTech, i would contact that partner.  From my experience, the repair partner should be sending you updates, maybe by email, to include when DPD would be collecting it, when they have received it back, when/how they have repaired it and when it has been dispatched back again.

For mine, the DPD driver attached a small sticky label to the package and left me a card with the tracking number on it.  DPD should be very interested if this was not done and the parcel has not been delivered, but either way, as it is the repair partner that is paying their bill, it is them that would be far better to chase it, especially if DPD currently do a lot of deliveries for them.

0 Likes
userhKrKXDmNJp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

DPD told me to call Repairtech and get them to call DPD.

Done this, Repairtech have been told by DPD that they need to conduct an investigation into why there is no record of my parcel apart from a collection scan.

The investigation will take a week. I don't hold much hope.

If they don't have any record other than the collection scan this suggests the paperwork DPD attached to the parcel with the barcode has become detached during transit. 

Once the driver had returned to the depot and unloaded all his collection parcels it would have been rescanned at that point.

Parcels are scanned at each point of handover from depot to depot.

I think its time to go buy a new Home Theatre system. Won't see my one again.