Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userMTLjjF9I54
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I also got assistance from chat with Samsung Pro Care reps.

I am trying to troubleshoot one of the players.

Samsung kindly gave me the reset proceedure for my model which is to hold down eject button for 15 seconds. did not work for me. 

I requested if I could try firmware flash by usb.

They kindly gave me a firmware zipped file which I unzipped and wrote to a USB stick.

however since players wont stay on the firmware flash proceedure instructions provided could not be initiated.

currently waiting on next step to try.

I have 2 of the BD-JM57/ZA units both on their own APC ups in separate rooms.

problem started 6/17/2020 night im in Hawaii.

userIs274KMyEt
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is widespread enough that I've submitted the situation to Slashdot which will publicize it. More users will learn they are not alone. I really hope Samsung doesn't just tell us our players are dead for good.

GenX3000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I think this is happening due to a hack on Samsung’s servers on June 18th. It was reported on Forbes.com. Do yourselves a favor and change your wi-fi passwords immediately. Also change the passwords for your streaming services and just buy a new Blu-ray / DVD player. Yes, it's a bummer to shell out more money. But if Samsung is acting like there is no issue and they didn’t do an update, then it’s obviously due to the hack on their servers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/06/18/genius-hackers-hijack-oxford-university-tech-for-...

0 Likes
userSvgpuBFDkd
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Our HT-J5500W started doing the exact same thing last night 6/18/20 as described in the thousands of similar post below.  

denada777
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the HT-J4500 doing the same thing as of this morning.

userBkjwzSsAWI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. BD-J5500/XU just went into the infinite power cycle half way through a movie last night. 
this is even more of an issue as the player belongs to my mother who is currently isolating. She uses it for movies and YouTube as she has no laptop/tablet etc. 
wondering if an OTA update has caused this issue?

Zharptitza
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5100 started doing this the same day.  Sounds like someone messed up.  

userJEHIAHRJQZ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I developed the same problem with our BD-J5700 on 6/18.  Very frustrating.  Doesn't reflect well on Samsung.

0 Likes
userq81oJDfr5a
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Me too. Used two days ago. Was fine. Played BR & watched Netfix. BD-J5100. About 2.5 yrs old. Tried to turn  on this AM. Turns on, makes loading noise, turns off, repeat. After being unplugged a while & plugged back in, does same thing. If they messed up update, how can we get fix if it won't stay on for more than 3 seconds? 

0 Likes
userKeYo5XGa0Z
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Your suppose to be able to hold the eject button down for more than 5 seconds to cause it to reset to factor firmware.   That's not working for me.