Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

@usernE7Z1kiXF6 wrote:

I am also waiting, or still waiting, for a solution. I don't have funds to waste on a new DVD player and we can no longer use the TV for Netflix after this error began. Would appreciate some real answers and more timely updates. Are you getting a no cost fix lined up? Are you sending out replacements? Are you letting previously loyal customers fend for themselves? What is the plan Samsung?

all you have to do is call samsung at 1-800-samsung, get past the automated attendent, talk to a person and tell them that you have a bad blu ray player that is in a boot loop.  They will take your name and number, email you a return lable and you send it to them.  They will fix and return, no charge for shipping or repair.  Mine is on it's way right now.  

0 Likes
userVY5wGJpDWy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My player is doing the same. Hope there is a fix soon. Very unhappy with Samsung right now.

0 Likes
userIK7oQA04ut
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Is there going to be a fix for us UK owners too or will Samsung be refunding the full cost of the player to its customers.

I've now been without my player for over two weeks and completely fed up with the lack of support from Samsung!!

usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

If it's not their fault they need to come clean. Otherwise I will run out of patience and NEVER buy Samsung again.

If it IS their fault they better not come clean, because this lack of support means I will NEVER buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
userwE89zw4Ikn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

There is no solution. Samsung needs to reported to the Federal Trade Commision if they don't get this fixed fast. We decided not to hold our breath waiting, and already switched to a new brand. This total bullcrap

0 Likes
userEmEpoCgnin
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Contact Samsung customer support via live chat or at 1-800-Samsung. Be nice to the rep and and let them know the issue you are having. They will ask you to do some basic tech support. Let them know it didn't help and continue with additional steps they tell you. Continue being nice and let the rep know there is an unresolved power cycling issue and a thread about it on support. They will verify which may take some time. They will then ask for your serial number from the back of the device. Tell them this. Continue being nice. They will get you info and send you a UPS label via email. You pack and ship for free to them for a free repair. Remember don't be a jerk if you want help. 

0 Likes
userUg2u0YYsAC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I reluctantly have to join the ranks of the Blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in gang.  I have 2 BD-J5700's, and all of a sudden, they are both doing the same thing!!!!  I have been looking at these posts, and decided to join because I fear you may not be aware of the magnitude of the situation.  Probably, just as many if not MORE folks are suffering the problem as are reporting it.

No amount of unplugging or holding down the eject button have any effect - and I how have to UNPLUG the unit, because it hijacks the TV whenever it cycles and resets the input to DVD.  Nasty!!  Please devote some serious effort to the remediation of this problem.

0 Likes
useraUGzvMDYUc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is a bad time for people not to be able to watch movies. Maybe we can update the product back to the previous version and then figure out what went wrong with this new update that has created this massive problem?? In the future, the company should probably do a controlled test run of their updates before turning loose to the masses. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
Rawrigator
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samsung,

Any updates on a fix?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@Rawrigator wrote:

Samsung,

Any updates on a fix?

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes