Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My Bluray also stopped working on 19 June 2020. with the same problem. Now the service engineer said that the motherboard has to be replaced. I am not sure how come lots of people facing the same problem looks to me buggy software that was shipped with it.

0 Likes
userM5RfUQo1tT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561079594538531/permalink/563390647640759/

It clearly says that it is caused by Samsung and that, hopefully, the possible fix will be downloadable and installable via usb pendrive

Finally a sensible response amidst politically correct answers that are misleading and non-resolving.

useryVDPzcs73M
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Blu-ray Home Theater Set HT-J5500K ‎(HT-J5500K)‎ A cyclic reboot from 06/17/20 was connected to the Internet. Can you post a clean dump for NAND FLASH firmware? Or firmware in this mode via USB?

userGVzZUNZ2nI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add me and my bd-J5700 to the list...

0 Likes
userCBnLCQih2M
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57C also stopped working last week and this is clearly a Samsung issue. Can we at least get an accurate estimate of when/if this will be fixed? Because if it won't be fixed I'd like to know now so I can buy a new Blu-Ray player and send the bill to Samsung.

Options
Home Theater

I have 2 BD-J5700 Players.

Both are having the constant on/off problem starting yesterday 06/23/2020.

Unit 1 was last used on 06/21/2020 and I watched a Vudu movie with no problem.  On 06/23/2020 when I turned Unit 1 on it started with the constant DVD drive trying to start.  I thought Unit 1 had just croaked.  So I used Unit 2.  I  watched another Vudu movie with no problem.  When I was done and turned Unit 2 off, it started the constant DVD drive trying to start.  The only way  to stop either unit is to unplug them.

Post above from M5RfUQo1tT says a Samsung facebook post says that Samsung created the problem with an update around 06/19/2020.  Sounds like the fix will come via a downloadable firmware file that will have to be loaded by USB.  How can that work if the player is stuck in a constant loop???

0 Likes
user5ZrwLu00xd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

From my investigations, the 5 volts required by the USB devices is not present. I suspect it is supposed to be provided/controlled by the logic board. The power supply board is providing +12V and +3.3V.

If there is no 5 volts for the USB devices (of which, the WiFi board is one) there would seem to be no way to communicate over WiFi or with a USB memory stick.

I find that the disc drive seems to possibly be looking for a CD/DVD with code on it. If that's the case, Samsung could provide an iso image or CD to restore these devices. Just a thought...

Without schematics or technical documentation, it's only a guess. I just don't see the USB working on my unit. There are no signals or voltages present on the USB. I just checked again with my oscilloscope. My only hope is that they provide a CD with the fix.

useryVDPzcs73M
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It’s unlikely that it’s through a disk, usb is possible, this virus climbed through a hole in netflix. Samsung should know which command to flash the system bootloader in order to further raise the firmware completely. Unfortunately, you cannot flash through the disk for a short initialization time.
0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

How do you know it's a virus through Netflix?  Please post evidence.

usertGOtd6BnHE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Obviously scaremongering conspiracy theory nonsense - good callout